People have been so kind to us since the babies have come into our home. Some people help by taking my kids (and babies). Others have brought in meals. If you had to guess what meal we've had the most, what would it be? .......... The answer is lasagna. I'm not complaining. I like lasagna. I am just saying we've had it a lot. Michael told my friend that they were lucky that they WEREN'T having lasagna for dinner. Anyway, the lasagna has come in many different ways. Here are a few:
1. Bland Lasagna: this was one of my favorites. I'm not a spicy type of girl. Everyone loved the meal.
2. Italian Sausage Lasagna: not so much a favorite. My husband really liked the sausage and would like the recipe. I will not make it because I don't like it. He doesn't know this yet.
3. Meaty Lasagna: lots of meat and spices. Not a favorite.
4. Ultra Cheesy Lasagna: what more of a description do you need?
Since I am on the subject of lasagna, I thought I would share a special ingredient that someone puts in their lasagna. My friend told me this story yesterday. She knows someone who knows someone who makes placenta lasagna. Yes, someone who delivers their babies at home takes the placenta and cooks it in lasagna and serves it to her family!!!!!! I asked my friend if she knows FOR SURE if this is true and how exactly does this person know FOR SURE that her friend makes this. She said that the person is up front about this, she just tells people. All I can say about this is that I hope you don't lose your lunch while reading this. Also, if you serve your placenta in a meal, please don't tell me!
8 comments:
Who told on me?
I think I'm going to puke now
I just threw up in my mouth a little, and I'm giggling my pants off!
I bet she makes ice cream out of breast milk too!
Bleh!
I wonder if its healthy;)
who cares if it's healthy. that is just wrong. very very very wrong
it gives me the willies
when carl and i were taking our birth class we heard some interesting things about placentas...i've blocked 75% of it from my memory. but i do remember hearing something about cooking with it! we thought the "tree of life" was as wild as we could go...have to show you one of these days... even saving the cord blood just seems too much to me right now.
sorry bout the excess lasagna. maybe you need to pass on to your compassionate service leader that it is the one dish the kids don't like....might help.
we've been getting a meal or two the past couple weeks and it's been good. they know i don't eat wheat and that has scared away the lasagna i think. my sis-in-law was trying to help them understand my food allergies and a lady said, "so pizza is okay right?" LOL!
OK so what is the point really, if you cook the placenta, it probably loses it's nutritional value - RIGHT! Better stick to placenta salsa.
Post a Comment