Saturday, May 3, 2008

Oh Deer! Oh Dear!

I've been aching to get out and plant some flowers! Just one more week til Mother's Day and I should be safe to get started. Who knows with this crazy weather. I really miss the flowers at my old house. I was really attached to them. Andy wanted me to go back to see how great they looked but I didn't want to. I knew I would feel bad to see all the work I put into it. Well, I'll start again.

Anyway, this week I've exclaimed Oh Dear and Oh Deer many times. The following will explain.

Oh Deer! We have many a deer where I live. I have no idea why the previous owners of this house planted tulips. Deer love tulips! I didn't know they were tulips, I thought they were daffodils. I waited for them to bloom. No, they were tulips and they've been eaten. There are two tulips that haven't been eaten. I think they are ugly. They are yellow. Why would someone plant yellow tulips instead of daffodils knowing they would be eaten by the deer? Oh I guess not everyone is as smart as I am. (ha)


Oh Dear! Maggie has started peeing her pants! First I thought it was an accident. She's doing it all day now. I have never had a child do this. Two babies though, it doesn't surprise me. Back to the pull-ups for now.

Oh Dear! Michael has learned how to use my camera. It doesn't take him long to figure things out. He takes better pictures than I take. I've included a couple of self-portraits. Plus he took the picture of the eaten tulips. Anyway, I was deleting some of the pictures he took with my camera. Mr. Photographer took a picture of me while I was in the shower! The shower door was closed but I could see enough. Let's just say that was one of the pictures I deleted!



It almost seems like he took this picture after he took the one of me in the shower. He looks devious and he looks proud of himself. Little stink!

3 comments:

Katy said...

Hi Alison! If you go to www.blueskyperennials.com and click on "plants by category" and then click on "Deer Resistant Plants" you will find a list of plants that deer don't like. Good Luck!!

Annemarie said...

Oh man...I'm laughing and crying some sympathy tears for you all at the same time!

diane said...

I'm glad I got to see some of your kids and your man at baseball, and sad I didn't get to see you and the babes. I'll be back in June.