Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What if?

School starts at 8:50 am. I slept-in and woke the boys up at 8:30 am. I've been making them walk home from school lately. I told the boys I will give them a ride home only if it rains. In the midst of rushing them to get dressed we had this conversation:

Max: Do we have to walk home from school today?

Me: Yes.

Max: What if it rains?

Me: I'll pick you up.

Max: What if it's not raining but then it starts to rain when we get out of school?

Me: I'll pick you up.

Max: What if rains and then stops and then rains again?

Michael: What if it's not raining and then it starts?

Max: What if it's not raining but rains and then we are half way home?

Michael: What if it starts raining on the way home but then it stops and then it starts?

Michael: What if we walk a different way home from school, it starts to rain, and you can't find us?

Me: What if we all go back to bed????

4 comments:

Mel said...

I love it! Sounds like our house but you are much more patient than I am.

Jennie said...

so did you just go back to bed?

Annemarie said...

what if when school gets out in a week it starts raining...AND NEVER STOPS?????

diane said...

Maybe the ark will pick them up...you know two by two?!
You're invited, anytime...you think I'm kidding.