Thursday, May 22, 2008

Flags


I am posting this flag as symbolism. I am surrendering or throwing-in-the- towel. After watching American Idol on Wednesday night, I am done with reality TV. I mentioned in a previous post that I get too emotionally involved in reality TV. After I watch reality TV I can't sleep at night because I can't stop thinking about the show. I decided to watch American Idol this season. I was sucked into the show only to be left disappointed. That cute David Archuleta didn't win and I sulked the rest of the night. My husband and kids saw my disappointment. After I complained Max asked "mom, what does emotionally involved mean?" Did the judges do it on purpose? Did they declare David A. the next American Idol so that David C. would win? Questions like these run through my head through out the night. Then the songs that David A. sung go through my head as well. I'm done.

Wait! Why is Maggie holding this flag? The flag, and many flags, were on my neighbors lawn. They were markings for future sprinkler heads. They also marked gas lines. Maggie didn't see that though. She thought they were colorful flags to take out of the grass. That's what she did, she took them out of the neighbors grass. I was mortified. I wondered how I was going to tell my neighbors about my little thief. I left a message on their phone. Luckily, the sprinkler system was done. The flags actually needed to be taken out. Whew!

8 comments:

Annemarie said...

You can't give up...the Bachelorette just started.

Gretchie Love said...

In addition.."So, you think you can dance" starts tonight ! I love Maggie..just think she saved those people backache by pulling out those flags...Maggie is just too clever !

alison said...

No way, Jose! I can not watch another person lose or get rejected!

Jennie said...

wow, i did like David Archuletta and all and it would have been good for him to win, but I can take it or leave it. The shows that keep me up at night are scary movies. LOVE watching them. Don't love what they do to me later. Just a few that have permanently scarred me, Ammityville Horror, I am Legend, The Orphanage, and others I can't think of right now. So maybe try out those and see how you sleep, or don't sleep

Jennie said...

Plus David A said that if he would have won he probably wouldn't have served a mission. So, maybe it's a good thing?

diane said...

She is so cute waving her little flags!
I love the question...the answer, it means you are a girl.

diane said...

Emotionally involved question.

Unknown said...

I love reading your posts. You are so witty and cute. Cute build a claire! I only watched the finale of american idol and I was disappointed!