Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You Can Run But You Can't Hide!!!


Oh yes, she is going to kill me, but today is Katy's birthday! I have been waiting for this day to come where I can wish her a Happy Birthday on my blog!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!!!!




In celebration of Katy's birthday I thought I'd give you some facts and whatnot's about one of my favorite people.

1. I've worked with Katy for 7 years now.

2. Working with Katy makes my day.

3. Katy is easy going, fun loving, non-judgmental, free spirited, and open minded.

4. Katy voted for Barack Obama. She had a sign on the front of her lawn and someone took it and burned it. I couldn't believe that!

5. Katy loves to ski, hike, weight lift, and garden. This Spring she is coming to help me prune my apple trees and I'm really excited to see how they turn out.

6. Katy is a true friend. She supported me through my pregnancy and has visited me many times since then. I love talking to her on the phone and I like emailing her.

7. Katy always asks how my kids are doing and I appreciate her interest in them.

8. I love Katy's theory on bad tippers. She thinks they will either come back in another life and have to earn a living on tips or they will get in a car accident on the way home after they leave a bad tip.

9. Katy likes classic rock. I don't like classic rock. We still manage to stay friends.

10. Katy is a little slow at keeping up with technology. She still has dial-up. We all enjoy poking Katy about it. She takes it in stride. I wonder what will happen when she gets DSL. What will we talk about?

11. One of my favorite things to do with Katy is talk after work. Sometimes we have "therapy sessions" where we just talk about issues we are going through. We were talking in the parking lot when I took the first picture I posted.

I have some great friends and I am so so lucky that Katy is one of them. If Katy isn't your friend, I can only hope you have one just like her. Your life will be blessed.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Thanks, Alison! You are so nice to say these nice things about me on my birthday!!! You are a great friend, and thanks for doing a blog entry about me!! I love it!!

Annemarie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY!!! Go eat some cake...did I just say that???

 Amelia Darling said...

Happy Birthday Katy. I don't know you but you sound super groovy. Enjoy your special day!