Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

In July, my friend Jan came over to help me with the twins. She scooted me out the door and I ran errands while she folded laundry and watched all of my children. When I came home I found Jan here and took this picture. It's not easy taking care of newborn twins. I am so thankful for Jan taking time out of her day to come and help me. Thanks Jan!

I also want to mention my friend Marlo. There are at least 20 kids in our neighborhood and that doesn't stop Marlo from giving them a ride to school or a ride home. Yesterday, I was driving home from dropping off the boys and I saw Marlo to the side of the road picking up kids. She had already dropped her kids off at school but was willing to pick up the late kids to make sure they got there.

Sometimes being thoughtful takes a little more time than planned. Things always work out. The rewards are always greater.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Jan is awesome! I love her...and miss her. I can't imagine twins Alison. You must be the best SUPER mom I know! :)

Shan said...

What a kind and thoughtful friend. Truly. How old are your babies?

Sue said...

Oh the girls look so little in that picture! I can't believe how big they've gotten.

diane said...

I love Thoughtful Thursday.

I thought about you as we drove by Corner 22 over the weekend.

Lindsay said...

What a good friend Jan is! THat's awesome she came to help. Marlo is such a sweetie, that sounds just like her to pick up all those kids. THat was a great neighborhood! We miss it! Maybe Grobergs will go somewhere again and we can take back over!