Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday

Many small random acts of kindness have occurred the past two weeks. Here are a few:

1. Who wants to go shopping the busiest part of town two days before Christmas? I don't. Still, those last minute items need to be purchased. I was in this very poorly planned parking lot and was stuck. I was in a location where I did not have the right-of-way and I knew it would be a while before I could get out. You've got to know the feeling: stressed, dreading the wait, wishing I would have shopped any of the 364 days in the year other than that one. Just as I was taking a deep breath, a lady stopped her car and waved for me to go. A sigh of relief came out of my mouth and I used my chance to exit. That is the holiday spirit!

2. I was at work and was serving an older couple. This sweet couple could not get around very well. In the middle of the evening I looked over and noticed that the elderly man had fallen on the ground! I was worried. I guess he went to sit down and missed the chair. Plenty of people were right there to help him get up. He seemed fine after the accident and left soon after. When I counted the cash they had left to pay their bill, I did a double take. They left me a 45% tip!!! Not 10% or 20% but 45%. That certainly made my night and was grateful for their kindness.

3. During the holidays I had several people slip me an extra $20 as they left the restaurant.

4. As some of you may know, little Claire (twin B)is a MANIAC. She doesn't take very long naps and she is all over the place. I was trying to get her to nap and she was crying and crying and crying. Becky came over, as I was talking with her, Claire was crying and crying and crying. Becky asked if she could take Claire and have her nap at her house. YES YOU CAN!!! Thank you very much, that made a 100% difference in my day.

An extra $1 or just giving someone the right-of-way, it makes a difference. It's the small and simple things that make the world a better place.

2 comments:

Carin Davis said...

Such nice stories...they brightened my evening :) Thanks!

Jenny said...

That's awesome about the older couple. Not that he fell but the tip! Now you can breath again because the Holidays are over! Yahoo!