Thursday, January 1, 2009

Video Killed the Radio Star

A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with my sister. She was rambling about something and I told her she should listen to Rabbi Shmuley. He has great insight. She had never heard of him. He is a regular in my house. Every morning at 10 a.m. I turn on my XM Radio and listen to him while I do the dishes.
I love XM Radio. We decided that I would give her an XM Radio for Christmas. She said she would give him a listen. She also told me she was excited to listen to NPR and listed all of her favorite shows on NPR. This wasn't the radio. The one I bought her was way cooler.
The day she received it in the mail was the day I learned that Rabbi Shmuley wasn't going to be on the radio anymore. I think he is going to be on the TV. BUMMER!!!

In the meantime, I found NPR and am loving this radio show:


I'm hoping it will be on at 10 a.m. so I can do the dishes and listen to it. Otherwise, I'm not doing the dishes anymore.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Yeah I don't blame you for not wanting to do dishes! I always have to plug in my iPod or the dished just don't get done!

Gretchie Love said...

You can't even imagine the things I would do all day...just to listen to Ira Glass...and doesn't his glasses ROCK !!! Thank you for my XM radio and as you know I am anti Oprah..I will try to listen to her. Even though she dissed me for a gay man coming out of the closet !!!

 Amelia Darling said...

This American Life is my absolute, all time favorite, top of the list, never miss an episode radio program. Even the shows I don't think I'm going to like (the one re: Iraq) I always find interesting.

Go to www.thisamericanlife.org to listen to all the archived shows too.

It was good talking to you the other day :-) Happy New Year!

 Amelia Darling said...

P.S. You can podcast This American Life as well.

Gretchie Love said...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4648567

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sc
hed=1204

These are my all time favorite NPR stories !!

Annemarie said...

That was a great gift!! Waht a nice sister!

Tammie said...

Hey there! Just saw your comment and I have no idea why it won't let you add to google reader. I'm sorry, I wish I had an answer for you :)