Officer: Do you have your drivers license and registration?
Me: No, I don't have my drivers license. I do have my proof of registration and I don't have a current insurance card.
Officer: What's your name and do you know why you are being pulled over?
Me: Yes, my registration has expired. Can you give my husband the ticket instead of me?
Officer: No, you'll get it.
Me: Look, even though I don't have my drivers license I am a very safe driver.
Max: NO SHE'S NOT!! SHE SWEARS ALL THE TIME IN THE CAR. SHE JUST SWORE WHEN YOU PULLED HER OVER!!!
(I honestly can't remember what I said when those lights went on but I do have a little problem with certain four letter words in the car)
Officer goes to his car. Max and I have a conversation about what a special son he is and how I appreciate his honesty (not really).
Officer: Just to remind you, you need your license, registration up to date, and proof of current insurance.
Me: Are all those things on the ticket?
Officer: No, I am not going to give you ticket. (thank you thank you thank you)
Me: Can I come out of the car and give you hug?
Officer: No, but here's a sticker for your son for being a good citizen.
15 comments:
So funny! I registered my car a little late this time and I found myself panicking every time I saw a cop on the road. I would make sudden turns just to get off the same street. I felt like a fugitive!!
I have to tell you, as I am writing this comment I am STILL laughing. That should have been taped and sent into America's Funniest Home videos! Kids can be so funny (and brutely honest) sometimes. You lucked out not getting a ticket. I bet that was the highlight of that officer's week. I think Max deserves a Klondike bar! lol
LOL! (that means laughing out loud, if you didn't know..hee hee) That's awesome! What an exciting life you have. At least you have a car to get pulled over with!
Hilarious!
Good citizen? What about honor thy mother that thy days may be long...
Thats so funny! I love reading your posts. They always make me laugh.
Oh man...that officer deserves something good, and Max...he deserves a spank.
LUCKY!!!
Ha! Big hearty laugh!!
I cannot believe you didn't get a ticket AND a court date for that one. That sainted officer sure had a good story to tell about the Dodd's... And Max just blurted that one right out. Wondering if he was saving that one for awhile... and interesting how he associated safe driving with language.
You're a hoot, Alison. And so is Max...
Wow! YOu are so lucky he didn't give you a ticket for any of those three things. I am pretty sure Max actually helped you out of your ticket this time. Great Story!
I love it! He's awesome. At least the officer appreciated it. He probably had a good laugh in the car.
I think he should have given you a ticket.
That was great... thanks for sharing.
Holy Crap I just laughed so hard!
i laughed so hard i got a little light-headed...
this story will be mine as well, if i don't get on the program and stick my stickers on!
i am going to try real hard to be your 10,000th visitor. i think i can do it!
Post a Comment