Thursday, March 6, 2008

We've Got the Flu, How Bout You?





4 out of 5 of the family has it. I am not one of them (knock on wood). It's the crappiest ever. I hope no one else has to go through it. I think Maggie is coming out of it. In one day she has made up for the three days she was lethargic in bed. Some of her activities today are spitting on everyone, kicking her brothers (while they are laying sick in bed), throwing her sippy cup in my face, and climbing onto everything.
I've had four Dr.'s appointments this week (two included non-stress tests). It's not easy juggling sick kids and trying to make it to the appointments. Anyway, the babies are both weighing in at 5 lbs. each. Great news! My Dr. thinks I'll go only 3 more weeks, unless I go into labor on my own. I am relieved that they are at a healthy weight especially since I am 33 weeks. The Dr. thinks I am ahead of that, at least by a week. Since both heads are down he thinks it will be an easy delivery. I told him if he has to give me a c-section I'll need a tummy tuck along with it. He laughed but I don't think it's going to happen.
The other day I did my final service project. I took dinner to a girl in my ward who just had her second baby. I wasn't in the mood for socializing. I just wanted to drop the dinner and go. She pointed to the hand sanitizer and said if I wanted to hold the baby I could. I told her "no thanks" I'll be carrying babies soon enough. If she was offended, she'll have to deal with it.
I just had a thought. If these babies are coming in three week, I have three weeks to get rid of Maggie's binky. Oh crap!!!!







4 comments:

diane said...

Sorry the fam is sick. Good news that the babies are coming soon! Heres to a safe and easy delivery!

Annemarie said...

HANG IN THERE!!! You can do it...I promise. Get out the scissors and chop the end off of those binky's, you can do it...I promise...

Mel said...

Sorry everyone is sick! I hope they get well soon and you are saved from the bug.

I know Dr. visits are a pain but I'm glad your Dr. is doing those non-stress tests! It's so good to hear that the babies are 5 lbs already. You're doing great... Hang in there girl!

Gretchie Love said...

Sorry that my fam is sick :( You didn't tell me on the phone. Get the snap and go...and that is great news ! The bigger the better with twins !!