I had an email in my mailbox today and that was the title. I haven't read the email yet. I'm not at that point. After being awake for an hour, I decided I was really tired and went back to bed. Michael was next to me watching a show. Here's our conversation, remember, I am half asleep.
Michael: Mom, will you go get donuts this morning for breakfast?
Me: No, I'm not going to go get you donuts this morning.
Michael: You don't love me, do you?
Me: (trying to be all psychologically correct) Michael, this has nothing to do how I feel about you.
Michael: My stomach hurts and I don't want cheese toast.
Me: Well, find something else to eat.
Michael: I know you hate me.
Me: Go ask dad to make you something else.
Michael: Dad hates me too. You want me to be sick. You want me to throw up. You hate me.
I get so frustrated with the drama in a conversation like this that I want to say "Yes, now shut up!" I held my tongue. I remember years ago I was helping Max with his homework and it was a battle. I finally said "Max, your handwriting is horrible!" He put his head down and started crying. Max reminds me of this conversation all the time. It's been like 3 years and he hasn't forgotten. That's why I now bite my tongue and try and stay out of the drama. Oh well, Baskets of Love, I'll have to read the email tomorrow.
3 comments:
I prefer verbal abuse. I still have those you can't win conversations with my kids. Hating!
You don't love me, either. I could tell by the tone in your voice on the phone yesterday...I was told recently that I just don't care if my childs' head feels like it is going to explode (he wasn't even sick...he just wanted to get out of going to church)..I said "that's right...get dressed."
I can't help you with the pacifier. I'm one of those crazies who breastfeeds her kids too long! Maybe she'd go for lipgloss!
Post a Comment