Saturday, August 23, 2008

Superman vs. Supermom


Does this picture look familiar? Yeah, it's Andy. A couple of months ago a friend was telling me about something she noticed. Isn't it interesting when a dad takes all his kids to the store people tell the dad what a great and brave dad he is? Just a wonderful husband and father. Whereas, when a mom takes the kids to the store...nothing. Mom's just take the kids to the store. Maybe even getting some judgemental looks from perfect parents. Let me tell you, Andy has stepped up to the plate. Somehow he managed to take all 5 kids to the high school football game Friday night. He wasn't even crying by the time he got everyone in the car and arrived to the game. Notice how I didn't say the kids weren't crying, HE wasn't crying. He might as well as received a gold medal when he told me all the comments he got about his "bravery". At least when Andy takes all the kids he appreciates my job a little more. Someone was telling me that men take their kids to the park as a way to pick up a new girlfriend. I guess it makes the man look all motherly and responsible. I say, go ahead I could use the extra help!

4 comments:

Kelli Nicole said...

Lol. When a man takes 5 kids somewhere it's 'brave'; when a mom takes 5 kids somewhere, it's 'annoying'. "Why can't she just leave those kids with a sitter??" And they still haven't figured out a word for a male slut. Those double standards...

Jennie said...

Great story, why is that so true? hmmmmm.

Annemarie said...

I'll bring you a gold medal any time...and a cape.

Lindsay said...

That is so true! Dad is the hero if he takes care of the kids, where for mom it's the norm! I have to say I am impressed though that Andy is WILLING to take all 5 kids out like that. Willing being the key word...it's nice to have men that will take the responsibilites once and awhile! So far Cory is great about it, we'll see if we get to #5!!!