1. My sister said I don't take enough pictures of my babies. I said it's because they are usually bundled up and you can only see their faces. Here's a picture of them hanging out.
2. My babies have a neck problem called tortacollis. It's a muscle problem where the head is smashed to one side as the baby is growing in the womb. Since the babies neck muscle is more developed on one side the baby favors that side and the head tilts. Kate's doesn't seem as bad as Claire's. I like what Andy calls the girls; Claire-tortacollis, Kate-sortacollis. Physical therapy is an option if it doesn't look like the babies are growing out of it. Kate's feet also turn in, you can see that in her picture on the left. Both physical issues are common in twins.
3. Have you ever gone into Target and realized every piece of clothing you are wearing was purchased from Target? Every time I pull up to Target and I realize I am wearing their clothes I am mortified. I usually forget about it by the time I get through the front door.
4. Which brings me to the subject of buying clothes. Since I never get out to the mall, I usually buy my clothes at Target or Costco. I know I could buy online for myself but I usually end up going to the kids section on the website and buy my kids clothes. Anyway, after I went to the movies Saturday I went to Anne Taylor Loft. We begged the clerk to let us try on some clothes even though they were supposed to be closing. I bought three items. I wore one of them to a ward barbecue and my friend complimented me on the shirt. She asked where I bought it. I wanted to dance and sing "Anne Taylor Loft". I felt like a normal fashionable person. What is a normal fashionable person?
5. Andy rarely reads my blog. If he were to read this, he'd deny that statement. Today he finally read my post on Father's Day. He wanted me to make some corrections about the post. First, he wanted to know why I had pictures of him facing different directions. I thought it was a good idea for you to see Andy from ALL angles. Second, when Max had the conversation with Andy, Andy was vacuuming. Andy said that readers may not think it was funny because I left out that detail. He said it would be easier for readers to understand that Max thought I should be cleaning rather than Andy because it was Father's Day. (that was awfully painful trying to explain) Third, Andy asked how come I didn't explain my undying love for him. I told him it was Father's Day not How Much I Love My Spouse Day.
6. Yesterday Michael's friend asked, "Michael, why is your house always messy?" I was surprised because I felt like I had just cleaned it. I responded "why are you ugly and your momma dresses you funny?" No, I didn't say that.
7. Finally, (thanks for reading all of this) I have started drinking Caffeine Free Diet Coke. I'll admit that it's not for religious purposes. I cut back on the "loaded" product because I've been having a hard time sleeping. I drag almost all morning and it takes me a long time to fall asleep at night. I haven't noticed much of a difference. Maybe I'll go back to the fully loaded Diet Coke.
9 comments:
I LOVE that pic (Sam does, too!)
To answer the question...A "normal fashionable person" buys their clothes at Target. ;)
Thank you Annemarie !! I have bought an entire outfit at Target and worn it to Target the next day. Everyone shops at Target and all of our kids wear the same outfits...you need to come here and shop at H&M :)
Kate and Claire are adorable! Did your other kids have that much hair? Oh, I just love it!
The therapist we see treats a lot of babies with torticollis. Has anyone showed you the exercises you need to do to help stretch out those muscles? If you catch it early on it isn't so bad. Sounds like you have it under control though. I've been following a discussion about it here:
http://www.mormonmommywars.com/?p=1324
Also, you would qualify for some therapy through Early Intervention. They would come to your home and show you the exercises that you need to do. That way you don't have to worry about getting everybody ready and making the trek to therapy.
It's been forever since I've worn anything fashionable... come to think of it, probably never. I usually get stuck with the Costco clothes.
I went off soda for a few months during the winter and now I'm back drinking Diet Coke. Today, while at the store I looked at the Caffeine Free and thought, "I should make a switch" and then I grabbed the fully loaded stuff;) Let us know how the transition goes. Maybe it will inspire me to change brands!
first of all, target is freakin hip! so you just keep on going there. I find myself walking into target and doing the same thing, looking at my clothes and realize that the same shirt is still for sale there.
Um give up diet coke? Seriously? wow, that's just crazy talk. the caffiene free stuff just doesn't taste as good. and that is a FACT
Alison! Okay here I am already on the blogs after I just got back from your house! Your blog is way cute, I love the "think pink" theme. I was cracking up reading your post, I am the same way with Target clothes, half of my wardrobe is from Target! And I have a few Costco numbers as well! Its just so tempting when you walk in there and there's cute clothes and you don't even have to try them on! That's lucky you went to Ann Taylor, they have such cute stuff. I've been telling myself I'd go to Gateway since I had Luke! Haven't gotten there yet!
Well, I guess everyone shops at target and costco which means we are VERY FASHIONABLE PEOPLE!!!!
I thought your twins looked like they might have torticalloues (sp?) from their last picture. I remember when Michael had that. Did I tell you that one my neices' twins had that and because of Michael, I was able to tell them about it and they asked their doctor about it and found out that I WAS RIGHT!!!!!! (that is the MOST important part you know)
Anywhoo, picture is darling as ALL your children are the cutest babies I have ever seen!
they have grown since i saw them last! i have to admit, to the untrained eye their necks look great! i still don't see anything wrong. i only see extreme cuteness. as for being fashionably dressed. i think it is great that a mother of five can even get dressed at all. who cares where it is from. when our kids are old enough to be left alone for hours on end and stop needing us to pay for fruit snacks, then we can use all that time and cash for snappy dressing. until then.. target is good enough.
Jordan had tortacolis. We did some excercises with him. It resolved by the time he was about 3. When he was tired as a toddler he still favored one side. I use to imagine him with a tilted head as a teenager...needless worry. I'm good at that.
Can I just say I completely loved reading this post....especially the part about Father's Day. Let me know when you decide to create a holiday for Love Your Spouse Day. :) The twins are as adorable as ever!
Post a Comment