Monday, June 16, 2008

I've Got My Eye On You Missy!



I love this pink tricycle and I love watching Maggie ride it. It's been my favorite thing to do this Spring, watch her ride along. I've never seen a child love their tricycle so much. It's like she just got her drivers license and is addicted to her car.
Maggie has been very sneaky these days. I have not had a child like her, so sneaky. I've seen her walk past her dad and hide something that she shouldn't be holding. The look on her face is clearly showing that she is doing something she knows she shouldn't. She's been sneaking food into my room and trying to hide it when someone walks in. It's not hard for her to sneak food into our room. I'm in such a whirl wind right now, I don't notice much. Last night, I gave Maggie a popsicle and didn't think twice after I gave it to her. I saw her a few minutes later, no popsicle in hand. "Where's the popsicle Maggie?" I asked. "It's dead" she responded. "Dead where Maggie?" I found it under my bed. And that's where Maggie went after we found the popsicle, to her bed for the night. After fighting with Maggie all morning I had an "inspirational" thought. I decided that I don't care if Maggie likes me but I really want to like her. So it's time to start cracking the whip! Later, I took Maggie to get my 44 oz. fix. I bought her a Slush Puppy and told her that was the only treat she could get. She decided taking matters into her own hands. She started running out of the store without me. I grabbed her only to find that she had stolen a sucker! Unbelievable. My mean jeans are on and Maggie is in for a rough time. My hopes are that I can have a little less chaos and more control in the house. 15 years from now, when we are in therapy for her childhood trauma, I'll pull out the picture of her tricycle.

7 comments:

Gretchie Love said...

I love Maggie and her tricycle. We must have been really evil kids to get this "revenge" that mother has blessed upon us...

Mel said...

LOL. "my mean jeans are on"

You are awesome... I hope you know that!

Annemarie said...

I'm proud of you! You can do it!!

Jennie said...

k first of all, her little pink trike is so cute. and I think it so cute that she loves it so much. it's always so fun when your kid really really likes something you purchase for them. I am so sorry she is giving you such a hard time. She is the classic overlooked middle child now. You know she is probably just acting out. okay, like i really know, but it sounds kind of smart to me. ha

Anonymous said...

maggie is so funny to read about. i know actually having an active child is not always so funny though! very insightful reasoning on your part to want to like her so you have to get tough. out of all your children, she will probably love you the most so don't worry about therapy just yet!

diane said...

I had to do major taming of the shrew. It's hard with two older brothers and a dad that give in to the princess. It's a good thing that she's so cute and the pink trike...stinking cute!

Unknown said...

She is so adorable, and I love the stories about her spunky personality.