Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sweet Kate



Over a month I ago I went to the girls 15 month well-check. To my surprise, The Dr. suggested I take Kate to Primary Children's Hospital to be checked for neurofibromatosis. Kate has little brown marks on her body that look like birth marks. I made the appointments and put the issue on the back burner. Kate's first appointment is Monday. Last week I finally got the guts to look online and see what a diagnosis entails. Web sites say that the patient has to have 5-6 marks, or more, to be diagnosed. Kate has more than 6. I have been a mess ever since. Luckily, I've talked with some supportive friends and Andy and am not so emotional. Since tomorrow is Fast Sunday, I am asking my friends and family to say a little prayer for Kate. Kate has been our sweetest baby. She is well-natured, full of love, and easy going. I can't go into more details since I'm trying to keep-it-together but please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

12 comments:

Janae' said...

You have my fast here in Arkansas!

Carin Davis said...

She is adorable~
I love her name :)
and we will say a prayer for her!

Misty said...

Oh Alison ... of course we'll fast for her. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Make sure Andy gives you and her a blessing. That helps me so much. We love you guys.

Annemarie said...

We were just reminding the boys that tomorrow is fast Sunday and they asked what we were going to fast for...now I know what to tell them.
Give sweet Katie pie a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

Prayers coming your way! Keep the faith Alison!

Mel said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I've been looking for a purpose to my fast tomorrow so this is perfect.

Will Andy be able to go with you tomorrow? If you ever need someone to go with you don't hestitate to ask. luv you!

diane said...

Sending prayers, good thoughts and hugs your way.

 Amelia Darling said...

Special prayers for your little one! Let us know how tomorrow goes.

Unknown said...

We'll keep her in our prayers.

Emily said...

Thanks for posting a link on FB so I and others could know what was up with little Kate. Good luck. Don't forget there is always a plan in place.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

Oh my goodness. I hope your darling Kate is o.k. I'll put you on my list of people to keep in my thoughts. How can you and Amy be 40? I'm sending you a BIG hug.