Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jibber Jabber

I found my battery charger. I thought that's why I wasn't posting but charger or no charger, I'm lazy. Since I found my charger by posting it to blogland... can have a million dollars?

I got a new cell phone. I've had a dinosaur for quite a while. I talked Andy into getting one as well. We finally have texting. We have always been able to text on our dinosaur phones but it took me 15 minutes to complete a sentence. As soon as we got our phones we waited for someone to text us. It's like we expected everyone to text us like they magically knew we had new phones. You'd think we were in Jr. High with the things. So come on peeps, text me!

Here's a confession...I'm training for a triathlon. I wish I could say that like I'm feeling all cool and athletic about it. There are several reasons why I'm doing this. First, my friend Lizz who trains at the gym, is giving us a free training course. I can't pass that opportunity. Second, I want to get back into swimming but I don't have the guts to do it by myself (I've been waking up at 5 AM to swim). Third, I want to get into cycling but I don't have the ambition. Now the only problem is that I actually have to do it. Tonight I went with the group for a 13 mile bike ride. Scared me to death. I felt like a kid learning how to ride her bike for the first time (note to self, close your mouth while you ride). 13 miles is the length of the race. Then I have to get off the bike and run a 5K!!! Seriously, I will be the last one to go to the finish line. I'm the one that boosts your ego because I finish last. Should I even do this? The closer the race gets, the less I'll be able to sleep. Oh why do I do this to myself???

Finally, a small note to Andy... I backed the car into a pole today. Fortunately, I did not damage the car but I did damage the pole. We have a pretty tough car.

12 comments:

 Amelia Darling said...

Did you say "shit shit shit" when you hit the pole? That's what Vito mother said when I saw her scrape the entire side of her minivan against the corner of the garage.

diane said...

You can be the inspirational runner at the end of the race. People will say, "Wow she has 5 kids, baby twins and she is doing this race."

Why do they have to put those stupid poles in the most awkward places. I'm sure it's not your fault.

Unknown said...

That is awesome. I would love to do triatholon someday.

Carin Davis said...

Anyone could swim faster than me...anyone! The triatholon is exciting!!!!! When is the big day!?

p.s. I love your confessions to Andy on your blog! I could do that if Danny ever read my blog, but he doesn't.

Annemarie said...

Stupid pole.

You can and WILL do this triathalon. First/last...who cares? You are awesome!

I'd text you if I knew how.

cindy said...

I'd text you if it weren't an international charge to do it. A babysitter of ours taught me how to text but I never have anyone to text to... wish we could be texting buddies.

Way to go on training for the triathalon. You've already won the race in my book just for getting up at 5am to swim.

And, stupid pole!

Jayci said...

You're gonna kick some trash in that Triathalon. I suck at swimming. I mean, I'm not terrible, but I feel terrible while doing it. That's why I've stuck to running and bycling and duathalons :) Good luck! By the way - I've found one of the best motivators for getting off my ass is knowing I have a race to train for!

Mel said...

Which triathlon are you training for! I too am one of those non-swimmers. Triathlons would be so much fun if I could get over my fear of drowning;)

Shan said...

Wow-O-Wow! Whatever about being lazy and not having ambition... you are one ambitious girl! Way to go about getting up at 5:00 a.m. for a swim. How refreshing. How was the 13-mile bike ride? That sounds really fun to go with a group. What a cool goal. Hope you're getting the sleep you need, so I'm just NOT going to chat with you on Facebook in the wee hours (I need sleep, too!) or text you late either (we still pay for texting).

Patrick said...

Go Allison Go! See Allison Swim, then Ride, then Run.

mariana said...

i echo annemarie, you don't seem to have any doubt about finishing. who cares that you come in last (which you won't)? you will finish, and that is totally awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this. Remember when I was waking at 5 to do Pilates, and you thought I was crazy? :) I have since given it up...you knew better for me, but look at you! You go girl! Come do your tri down here so we can come and cheer you on! luvs, trina

Oh p.s., I have nominated you for the kreative blog award!