
I love this lady, my kids pediatrician, Dr. Fruin. I kind of feel like I'm stalking her because I looked her up online and found this photo of her. She has been the most reliable Dr. we've had. A few days ago I called her and asked her about Kate's possible diagnosis of neurofibromatosis. She called me back. I knew she would. Anyway, she answered some of my questions and then told me she was going to look into seeing a specialist for the condition. By the end of the day, she had found a Dr. who specializes in the condition, found an appointment for Kate, and had already faxed the referral. I don't think we will be seeing the dermatologist as planned. Instead we will be seeing a Dr. in the genetic department in September. It normally takes over a year to make an appointment in this department and we are going in September. What a blessing! Not only do we have a Dr. who specializes in neurofibromatosis, I also have a pediatrician who is looking out for us. So for now, I put the issue on the back burner until September. So many people have extended their love and concern for Kate. Thank you!
6 comments:
Yay for great pediatricians! I'm so glad you have her.
I'm going to stalk her right now and look her up... we need a better pediatrician and she sounds like just the one to go to!
Just stalked her (boy was that fun) and she's at the same office that I've taken my older kids to... that should be easy to switch over to! Yay! Thanks for the heads up!
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!
It's so nice to have a good pediatrician. I like mine ok, but it sounds like you have a great one!
I'm happy you are getting excellent care. We have a pediatrician who came in on a Sunday and after hours to care for my asthma boy. He and his wife even came to our son's reception.
This must be a huge weight off your mind. Sometimes waiting is the worst part of the diagnostic process.
Post a Comment