This morning I thought I'd create a mental log of my day and post it on my blog. I thought maybe if you read it you could tell me you understand why I am moving towards the point of insanity....
Woke up at 6:20 to make it to my exercise class. Great class, worked on abs, had some good laughs, some needed tears, went on my way.
Came home around 7:45 (gosh I guess I was talking a little too long with my AM friends).
Max is sick, I think he has the flu.
By 10 AM I showered, shampooed and shined. I made two Dr.'s appointments (which are for Kate). I changed 3 poopie diapers, made breakfast for all three kids, made sure everyone was dressed for the day, fed the babies, and headed out the door to take Michael to his clay class.
We picked up some friends to play with Maggie. This means I had 4 of my kids home with 2 others. Once Michael got home at Noon, I made lunch for everyone and tried to contain the babies.
I got the babies down for their nap at 1 PM. Everyone seemed to be playing fine. I tried to work on the laundry but learned that the kids had filled the doorway to our basement with water. Yeah, the whole basement flooded because the kids were outside playing with water. I didn't think they would try to turn the doorway into a pool.
The next three hours were spent moving furniture, soaking towels, asking neighbors for their shop vac, and vacuuming the basement.
Are you tired yet?
The babies wake up from their nap which means the rest of my day I'm keeping my eye on them. Thankfully, my neighbor brought over his rug cleaner and spent 3 + hours sucking up water.
Wait, did I mention dinner? Yes, after dealing with the basement drama I had to make dinner. The kids went to my neighbors to make cupcakes. That was a needed break.
Claire only fell off of something once today. She didn't poop in the tub which is always appreciated. By the end of the day I changed 7 poopie diapers. I think it's the watermelon I fed them.
I sit here exhausted, grateful for the help I received from my neighbors, and very much ready for bed.
The End
3 comments:
That's quite a day Al. Very creative thought to make a swimming pool in the doorway. I am glad that you had some help to clean it up.
You're a total trooper!
I am so, so sorry you had a bad day.
You are a trooper, and if anyone can handle that kind of day with a laugh and a smile it is you!
Post a Comment