Saturday, July 18, 2009

O Bug Leavest Me

I've been updating my Facebook page about this cleanse that I did but I thought I'd put the real- meal- deal here on my blog. The cleanse I did was to kill the yeast in my body. I was constantly having yeast infections and thought I'd try to take off a couple of pounds as well. The whole object of the cleanse was to starve the yeast in my body. This meant I could not eat yeast products, sugar, or fruit. I was really intrigued how my body would react to this cleanse. I thought it would be great to rid my body of all sugars and toxins. I was told that I would start feeling sick due to the yeast dying but I should start feeling better and then I would feel amazing. My friend mentioned her mom and sister did the same thing. I called her mom and she gave me some good food ideas. She told me how great she felt and that her mind felt clear whens she cut sugar out of her diet. The first day was okay. By day two I was gagging down meat and vegetables. I was surprised at the ingredients found in foods. Like this packaged pot roast had yeast extract in it. Why would pot roast need yeast in it? Anyway, by day three, I was feeling pretty sick and thought the cleanse was doing it's job. I was anxiously waiting to start feeling better. Day four, Thursday, I was ill. Nauseated, tired, dry heaving, hungry, and weak. I even took a pregnancy test just in case (thank you very much it was negative!) By Thursday night I felt so rotten I decided to get off the cleanse and hoped by eating a bowl of cereal I'd start feeling better. Didn't happen. On Friday I was so weak I couldn't get out of bed. Becky took the babies AGAIN and Mariana took Maggie. The boys stayed home with me. Poor kids kept asking what they could eat and I think they ate fruit snacks all day. In the meantime, Andy has had a terrible sore throat and finally went to the Dr.'s. Now you know, when a man goes to the Dr. he has to feel like he's dying. The strep test came out negative. I'm laughing right now as I write this because I think about how pathetic this is. Poor Andy, who is feeling rotten, has the kids right now because he feels better between the two of us. Today, Saturday, I can't leave the house because the bathroom and I are buddies. And Andy is a zombie making sure the kids are entertained.

After talking to a friend, Carla, she said it probably was not the cleanse that made me so sick. I probably wasn't eating enough which caused me to get a bug. And it's a bad bug! But, let's just say that I'm certainly clean!

What's up with catching a bug in the middle of July? Aren't these things supposed to be dead because it's so stinking hot outside? Oh well, hopefully in a couple of days I'll have my strength back and I'll be posting pictures of the fantastic summer we are having.....

5 comments:

diane said...

I got that bug at our family reunion and it stinks. I haven't been that sick in a long time. Luckily, it ran it's course quickly. I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

oh I am sorry! That does not sound fun.
That is cool David taught you to ski.
And yes it was nice to have a break at home, it was sooo quiet. Weird.

Jayci said...

I hear ya about getting sick in July. I got the flu and then about 4 days later got a terrible cold and it took 2 weeks to start feeling better from that.

Misty said...

I'm thinking it's swine flu, Alison. Hate to say it.... What you won't go through to lose a little weight!!! Dedicated, you are.

Jenny said...

There ain't nothing worse in the world than being that sick and having kids to take care of. I'm sorry babe! I hope you're feeling better now...