Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tis The Season To Be Jolly!

What a way to start off December! I am celebrating a couple of milestones....

BYE BYE BOTTLE PROPERS!
They saved my life. They saved everyone's life. Now it's time to say good bye because the babies can hold their bottles ALL BY THEMSELVES! Yahoo! I've anticipated this day from day #1 of their lives. I was more than happy to donate these beautiful gadgets to a new mom of triplets! I hope she enjoys them as much as I did.


BYE BYE BINKY!!
I say this with complete JOY: it's been two nights and NO BINKY!!! She hasn't wailed or fussed like she has in the past. Believe me, my name has been Shame and Disgrace as I have seen this da** binky in her mouth this past year. But with my plate full, I've let it go. It truly is a month of miracles to have this thing behind us.

UMM...NOT A MILESTONE
Not really a milestone but it something I will be seeing a lot of this month. Some of you may or may not know that I am a server at high-end dining establishment (that sounds less trashy than restaurant). I see this view every night I work in December. Actually, I don't see it but the guests do. I don't talk much about my job because it's a world of it's own. I also don't talk about it because it will eventually get me into trouble. Seriously, I get in trouble all the time there. I have decided to share any experiences that will be blogworthy. There's all sorts of drama that goes on. It's very entertaining. I really like my job. I like the people I work with. I like the guests I talk to. I feel like a normal human being when I go to work. I like my paycheck. The drama keeps me on my toes. It will be an entertaining month.

What a great post! I hope you all feel some satisfaction and can celebrate with me!

By the way for those of you who REALLY care, I lost one pound!!!!

8 comments:

Celeste said...

I am excited to be filled in about all the drama that goes on at "the eating establishment!"
Had so much fun the other day with you! Love my soap and the kids and I have become parking police as we are dying to hand out one of the pieces of paper from the tablet!

diane said...

Wow you have many reasons to celebrate. Those Christmas lights are gorgeous!

Annemarie said...

I'm doing the "you rock" dance right now...!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

What? Drama at work? There was never any drama when I worked there....LOL! I'm glad that the twins are growing up and becoming more independent. I'm excited to see you on Saturday! Thanks again for arranging it and for the clothes. You ROCK!

Jayci said...

Oaky - Sorry about the food only being "ok" at The Roof. I actually might not have enjoy the food 'cause I wanted to just skip it and head to the dessert :). & I know that's where you work and I was TOTALLY looking around for you! Seriously, I was! That would have been awesome if you were there!

 Amelia Darling said...

I love your posts!

Jennie said...

great miles stones! so are they holding those bottles all by their own little selves? and good for no more binkey!! its nice. And last week when I went to the doctor I had gained a pound. so, nice work!

Ames Family said...

Huge milestones, Alison! I bet you are so excited. Way to go. Thanks again for the proppers, they are a huge help!