This is a picture of my dad, Ralph. He died when I was 18. When I was reading a humorous blog of my friend, Diane, I thought of a Christmas carol I sing every year. Connie (my childhood friend since I was 8), my sister, and I wrote it when we were young. I sing the song every Christmas without even thinking about it. I think I saw a picture of my dad with hair but always knew him as a baldy. We thought we were so funny when we wrote this song. It's a bit corny now.Ralph the bald head father,
Had a very shiny head.
And if you ever saw it,
You would even say it's red.
All of the other fathers,
Use to laugh and call him names (like Kojak).
They never let poor Ralph,
Join in any father games (like football).
Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
Santa came to say,
"Ralph with your head so bright,
Won't you light my room tonight?"
Then all the fathers loved him,
As they shouted out with glee,
Ralph the shiny head father,
You'll go down in history (like Kojak)
Had a very shiny head.
And if you ever saw it,
You would even say it's red.
All of the other fathers,
Use to laugh and call him names (like Kojak).
They never let poor Ralph,
Join in any father games (like football).
Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
Santa came to say,
"Ralph with your head so bright,
Won't you light my room tonight?"
Then all the fathers loved him,
As they shouted out with glee,
Ralph the shiny head father,
You'll go down in history (like Kojak)
5 comments:
I love your carol. I'll think of it each time I hear the song.
Brett was Jordan's YM leader. He is awesome and would bring the whole class to our home for Priesthood and activities because J was frequently sick. Stupid asthma.
Small world indeed.
Excellent Christmas song!! I'll bet Ralph sings it ever year too :-)
Thanks for sharing... I'll never get it out of my head;)
I wonder if he ever sang that jingle in his head ? We were crazy kids !!
I have never seen a picture of your father! I'll show the kids so they can sing it about Steve! He will probably join in and dance to it, he so loves that all he has to do is shave his head once a week and he is done!
Post a Comment