Thought⋅ful
–adjective
| 1. | showing consideration for others; considerate. |
After dealing with a crabby lady yesterday, I decided I would start Thoughtful Thursday. The day that I make an effort to acknowledge any thoughtful acts of kindness I have witnessed during the week. Here goes:
On Monday I was going to a local sandwich shop to pick up my lunch. Knowing I would have the twins, I placed my order before going. That way I could just run in and grab it. As I arrived, I exchanged friendly gestures with a woman who was leaving as I was parking. I got out of car and she rolled down her window, "would you like me to watch your children as you run in? I notice you have two car seats in there." Wow, I was blown away! I kindly thanked her and she said "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" I wonder if she knew how much she made my day. I hope kindness was returned to her.
I would like to extend a challenge to all you bloggers and non-bloggers to participate in Thoughtful Thursday. If it's posting on your blog or leaving a comment on mine. Reading about your experiences helps me think of more ways to be a better friend/citizen. It's those simple things in life that make the biggest difference!
4 comments:
I want to comment on your last two postings:
First, I loved working with you! Fond memories. You're awesome.
Second, I am so thankful when people see me with kids and do something simple like open a door or take my grocery cart back to the cart return.
You know the other day I came across the nicest lady, I was in Shopko trying to help Caleb find some shoes for basketball. So we were trying on several different pairs and Luke was starting to get super impatient, because when we got to the store I realized he didn't have his shoes on so he had to stay in the cart. So he starts crying and I am trying to calm him down and keep him in the cart while helping Caleb find shoes, and this lady with a daughter about 10 stops and asks if she could give him a piece of candy,saying she remembered times like these. Luke was so stunned, he stopped crying and I was so grateful!! (sorry long story)
People aren't that nice around here :)
Wow that lady is awesome! That's a perfect start for your "Thoughtful Thursdays". I like the idea...maybe i'll take the challenge and do one my self!
Post a Comment