Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'll Have A Blue Christmas Without You....

My house this Christmas season. I had better pictures but decided to use the glaring obnoxious photo so you can understand what it looks like. Andy came home one day and said he wanted blue lights outside of the house. I wasn't thrilled. I'm not a blue light person. "Whatever" was what I said when I agreed. When they were on the house I said "You know what this looks like, right?" I continued to tell him that our house looked like we are BYU fans. He said that it was more like an Elvis look and we should find his Blue Christmas song and play it outside. I didn't have a lot of comments about this. What was funny was the calls we received from our friends about the lights. Humorous comments on how they couldn't believe Andy had gone to the dark side. How disappointed they were in his choice of lights. I loved it!!!! He did not. He's been on the defense ever since. Now he's saying that color of our house represents the Utah Jazz. To his credit, he did do a nice job.

Speaking of BYU, this has to be one of my all time favorite pictures. I hope the co-worker of my friend, who took the picture, doesn't mind I've shared it all over cyberspace!

8 comments:

Annemarie said...

I'm going to have to go with the BYU fan argument. Glad you've both FINALLY seen the "light"

Anonymous said...

poor andy! he just isn't going to win with those lights. i'll bet they are a 1 year only fad of his!

diane said...

Rise and shout the cougars are out...hee hee.

Maybe next year he'll do a Jailhouse Rock theme.

Anonymous said...

love the lights.

kaylinannette said...

That is a good "Andy Story." We all miss those good Andy stories.

 Amelia Darling said...

I'm surprised that it never crossed his mind.... Love the beer photo. Very funny.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Great read! Love the lights, please congratulate Andy on a job well done. We love the color. As for the awesome photo at the end; it's classic.

Us5McEuens said...

Love the lights! They would go great with the Y on Nick's bedroom wall. That picture is wonderful, priceless!