Monday, November 10, 2008

Vegas Baby!

Andy and I went to Vegas last week. Andy had a business trip, I invited myself to go along.

We stayed at Bally's. Here's a view from our room. The hotel we stayed at was okay. It was free, what can I complain about?

I didn't like that Bally's served Pepsi products. I did like the Coca Cola store I visited twice.

We saw a great show, The Blue Man Group. I totally recommend it. We sat in the front row. The reason why the front row was the least expensive was the flying paint that was a part of the show. Here's a pic of us with the ponchos they provided.

We didn't get sprayed with paint but we ended up with a bunch of paper all over us. We hung out with two of Andy's co-workers. They were so much fun, we laughed the whole time.

What do you think of my new movie star glasses? I felt like the paparazzi was following me everywhere.
Vegas isn't Vegas without seeing Elvis
If you happen to see this cab driver, RUN! He had us laughing so hard we were crying. He was also completely INSANE!!

The conservative side of me was in SHOCK with the "sin" aspect of Sin City. Let's just say I won't be taking my kids there... EVER! Overall, it was a fantastic trip. Thanks Becky for watching all five of my kids so I could go!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Yeah, probably not the best place to take the fam for a vacation. I do like vegas though. It's fun about once every other year.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

Hot sun glasses, Alison. Glad you got to get away for a little break!

Mel said...

I'm glad you had a good time in sin city! You do look HOT in those glasses!

 Amelia Darling said...

What a fun trip! I loved the Blue Man Group show too although our paper had spit on it. That part was disgusting.

Mel is right. You DO look hot. But I must tell you that I think you have a booger.

Shannon Smith said...

Do you remember several years ago when they were trying to market Vegas as "the" family vacation spot. Yeah, that didn't last long and they're next slogan was "what happens in vegas...." They embraced their own sleaziness. How fun to have a weekend away from kids.

Misty said...

Vegas ... such a sleazy, fun town. I remember taking weekend trips there when I was at the Y. We'd pile 10 of us in a room at Circus Circus and spend next to nothing on food. Who doesn't love a $6.99 lobster buffet??

Anonymous said...

you are obviously spoiled! i'm glad your awesome neighbor is awesome to all, and spoiled me a bit yesterday. how great is she?!! thanks for the pencil. i'm glad vegas has such treasures! and i'm happy you got such a good break...you deserved it!