Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Conversation with Mr. Einfeldt

Short and condensed version.....

Mr E: Hello this is Steven Einfeldt Vice Principal of the elementary school.

Me: Hello....

Mr. E: I'm calling because your kids have had many tardies this school year.

Me: LOL! Yes, I am aware of this issue. I talked to the principal about it the other day. I told her that Michael's teacher is marking him absent RIGHT when the bell rings. blah blah blah

Mr. E: Ah, yes, I see that Max has 4 tardies and Michael has 10 and they are marked on different days. Well, is there anything we can do to help get your kids to school on time?

Me: Laughing very loudly... Yes, you can take them to school every day.

Mr. E: Laughing and blah blah blah

Me: Look, it's been an adjustment for me to deal with the twins and get the boys out the door. Just so you understand what my days are like, I'll tell you what happened today. I had run errands all morning. I had to pick Max up from school because he was sick. I was leaving the school and noticed my shorts were on inside-out. I walked around all morning wearing my shorts inside-out. Now do you understand where I am coming from?

I think he got the picture.

8 comments:

Mel said...

LOL

Humor cures ALL. I love it!

Anonymous said...

What? . . . No pic of you with the inside-out shorts???

Jennie said...

yeah, where is the pic with your shorts inside out? I love that story!

 Amelia Darling said...

That's hysterical. You seem to be perfecting your "like water off a duck" attitude. Very good.

diane said...

Did you really tell him about the shorts?
I love this story.

Anonymous said...

at least your bra was on the inside of your shirt! i think my mom made that mistake once! too bad you couldn't convince him to pick up the kids. you will have to try to be even funnier on your next conversation- when he calls about 15 tardies.

OneBrilliantGirl said...

LOL! Now, that was a great way to end my day!

angie said...

Don't you love phone calls from the V.P.? I got way to many of them from the middle school that I was on a first name basis with the 2 V.P.'s. You know it's bad when you say hello to them in the grocery store!!!