We went to Park City for the weekend to watch Max's football game. Saturday morning we were leaving the table after breakfast and Maggie had a special announcement. She jumped off her chair, and opened her arms as though she finished a fantastic dance routine. She loudly announced "I FARTED". I quickly looked around the restaurant to see if anyone else heard. They did. The expression on my face did not say "I'm so embarrassed" nor did it say "Maggie, watch your manners". The expression on my face said "welcome to my life." I know I'm not alone in my experiences like this. In fact, feel free to leave a comment about your most embarrassing moment where your child "passed gas". Now, I'm not trying to be gross or crude by talking about this subject because it is what it is, a fart is a fart. So that I don't offend any readers I'll try not to use that word so much. Your child won't avoid using the word but I will. First, if you want to read a funny definition, go on over to Wikipidia and read this. Have you ever wondered why God created our bodies to pass gas? I think it's so that we will continually have a sense of humor. Children make it funnier. Adults, I think it's gross. I think it's gross because I've never experienced gas before. Just heard and smelled it. There's really nothing like being on a treadmill and realizing the person next to you had eaten a large portion of fiber the day before. Isn't it interesting that we don't laugh at someone who is whistling but we laugh at someone who let-one-go? Last night Max was laying on the bed and said, "I let one rip!" Thanks Max, we all wanted to know that. Most adults try to keep gas a secret but kids are PROUD of what they can make. Well, some adults have let-em-rip contests. Max comes home from school telling me what so-and-so had for lunch because he experienced the after effects of it. One day Michael came home from school crying because he tooted in class and everyone made fun of him. Like I said, it is what it is, and they aren't going anywhere. One last mortifying experience to share. Max enjoys telling everyone how gross "it" was when I was pregnant with twins. Wait, I just said I've never had that problem before.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Excuse Me!
We went to Park City for the weekend to watch Max's football game. Saturday morning we were leaving the table after breakfast and Maggie had a special announcement. She jumped off her chair, and opened her arms as though she finished a fantastic dance routine. She loudly announced "I FARTED". I quickly looked around the restaurant to see if anyone else heard. They did. The expression on my face did not say "I'm so embarrassed" nor did it say "Maggie, watch your manners". The expression on my face said "welcome to my life." I know I'm not alone in my experiences like this. In fact, feel free to leave a comment about your most embarrassing moment where your child "passed gas". Now, I'm not trying to be gross or crude by talking about this subject because it is what it is, a fart is a fart. So that I don't offend any readers I'll try not to use that word so much. Your child won't avoid using the word but I will. First, if you want to read a funny definition, go on over to Wikipidia and read this. Have you ever wondered why God created our bodies to pass gas? I think it's so that we will continually have a sense of humor. Children make it funnier. Adults, I think it's gross. I think it's gross because I've never experienced gas before. Just heard and smelled it. There's really nothing like being on a treadmill and realizing the person next to you had eaten a large portion of fiber the day before. Isn't it interesting that we don't laugh at someone who is whistling but we laugh at someone who let-one-go? Last night Max was laying on the bed and said, "I let one rip!" Thanks Max, we all wanted to know that. Most adults try to keep gas a secret but kids are PROUD of what they can make. Well, some adults have let-em-rip contests. Max comes home from school telling me what so-and-so had for lunch because he experienced the after effects of it. One day Michael came home from school crying because he tooted in class and everyone made fun of him. Like I said, it is what it is, and they aren't going anywhere. One last mortifying experience to share. Max enjoys telling everyone how gross "it" was when I was pregnant with twins. Wait, I just said I've never had that problem before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What amazes me is that Crew, who has a moderate/severe hearing loss, can hear a "fart" from the next room. He giggles everytime, without fail!
yep, i have one. Brooklyn was laying on the floor under the bench at church last week. She farted really loud and it immediatley stunk. The family in front of us both heard it and smelled it. Annemarie, who was sitting like 6 rows in front of us heard it too. Then brooklyn announced, I have to go poo. It ruled
we appreciate the shout out. Sleep with one eye open...
Having children is such a humbling experience.
Hunter just likes to fart on peoples legs. It's very embarrassing!
My word woman, what are you feeding your family! They probably are exceeding the amount fiber needed for their diet! :)
Being a mother is ALL about bodily functions, if it isn't farting, it is burping. I just burped during a prayer that everyone heard at a Stake Young Women training meeting from guzzling a Coke zero on the way there so I could stay awake....
MY children don't do that!
Hi Alison it's Angie, Annemaries sister-in-law hope you don't mind me reading your blog. You have some pretty funny entries. I can relate to the nasty fast food places you talked about. Somehow we all survive.
Post a Comment