One place that isn't green.... the Carl's Jr. playland. Okay, I know, it's probably not going to kill our environment but the place is nasty. There are pros and cons to taking your kids to a playland. One pro is that lunch is served and you don't need to do the dishes. Another pro is that you can talk to your girlfriends while your kids play. This is especially handy when it's crappy weather outside. The biggest problem with a playland is how disgusting it is. Dirty, stinky, sick kids all playing in the same spot. I usually bring baby wipes to wipe off my kids feet when they are done playing. Here are a few horror playland stories I will share with you:1. While my friend was at Carl's Jr. (many years ago) her boys had to go to the bathroom. She took them to the restroom and the boys found a toilet brush that looked like a giant toothbrush. One of her children decided to use it to brush his teeth. Gag!
2. While I was chatting with a friend at McDonald's a friendly man asked us if we knew whose son was wearing a red shirt. That would be mine. Someone spilled their drink on the floor and Max was licking it up.
3. Finally, the other day I took the kids to Carl's Jr.. I needed a break. Desperate times call for desperate measures. When we were done and I was loading the kids into the car. I noticed how BLACK the kids feet were. Oh, it was gross. It took about 10 wipes to clean Michael and Maggie's feet. I threw the dirty wipes on the floor and headed home. When I arrived, I went to the back to get the babies out. Maggie decided to hand the dirty wipes to the twins and they each had one in their mouth. Ugh!
Maggie has already had Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease so if the twins get it, it won't be anything new.
Michael has been doing really well in school. He could chose any restaurant to eat at and he chose Burger King. The most disgusting playland ever where they still have those plastic balls to play in. As the kids piled out of the car they had a look of disappointment. They had remodeled the place and the playland was gone! "Darn it," I sarcastically said to myself. They still wanted to go in and we had a good time despite the lack of plastic balls. Thanks Burger King for going green, or I guess I should say for going clean! (that last sentence was pretty corny, wasn't it?)
9 comments:
Not to mention all the kids that puke in those playlands. Sick!
I love the toilet brush story!
I remember taking the kids to the playland... yucky, but a nice break too. Now they're big...very big... and plugged into their iPods, cell phone and PSP.... Pick your poison.
I HATE playlands. Lizzie has only been a couple of times, and I don't know if she'll ever go again...I don't need another kid brushing their teeth with a toilet brush.
at least you remember to bring wipes...but think about the positive side...guess you just have to think about the immunities your kids are building when they come into contact with the germs!
I love the stories you have! I don't have kids, as you know - but yeah...I've heard those playlands are pretty disgusting! I'm with Kristen - their building up their immunity! Think of how good of a mom you are that you're helping them do that each time they play in one of those!
I haven't taken my kids to a playland in a while, however, I AM one of those moms that will let my kids play in there. I know it's sick and infested, but they'll live. I do like going to a place like say, Wendy's where there is no playland though.
Oh shoot, I forgot to warn you...maybe I shouldn't say anything now, but Carl's Jr. playland is no longer on our list of attractions since our child "marked her territory" there. But don't worry, it was a few months ago, so I'm sure any virus or disease has long since been disinfected.
Alison! I finally found your blog! I love your "Green" stories. Whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
i have nothing to add. just thought i would help your comment numbers out.
Post a Comment