Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Never Say....

Yesterday I was wondering around my house thinking, "Gosh, I don't have anything to say in my blog". I have learned never to think something like that because I got into a car accident last night. It was 9 pm, I was trying to get off the freeway and the car ahead of me had stopped. I stopped behind it, wondering what the hold up was. Suddenly BAM!!!, a woman slammed into the back of my car ("rear driver side", is how the insurance person made me define it). I screamed, said a mild swear word, and hit the car ahead of me. Everyone is fine, THANK GOODNESS!!! I didn't start going into contractions so I considered that a blessing. The lady behind me, her car is totaled. The guy ahead of me has a dent in the "passenger rear end" of the car. Now I am just waiting to get a rental car since my car was towed. My kids acted like it was nothing. Maggie kept saying, "go get Hobbes! Go get Hobbes!" When Andy was driving us home I asked Maggie why she wanted Hobbes at the scene of the accident. She said "to bite the policengers." Anyway, from now on, I'll always have something to say on my blog and never wait for anything to happen so I can write about it!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Whoa, I'm so glad you are all okay. I would've said a few swear words too!

Some idiot slammed into me when I was prego with #2. It scared the dickens out of me but everything was okay.

Who is Hobbes?

"Never Say..."

That's good advice. I'll try to remember that;)

Annemarie said...

If you need a ride...or a lunch date, you know who to call!!!

Gretchie Love said...

I'm glad you and your family are safe :( I am also glad your babies are safe too.