I am cranky. When I am pregnant I get really cranky. I got really ticked at the insurance claim adjuster for the person who was at fault. For some reason, the woman who crashed into me didn't call her insurance company the day after the accident. Unless she was really hurt, it doesn't make sense why a person wouldn't call their agent as soon as possible. I called her insurance company all day yesterday, and this morning, asking for a rental car. The claim adjuster would not give me the time of day until their client contacted them. Here is a conversation I had with her company this morning (trying to make this as short as possible):
CA (claim adjuster): You can't get a car until our client contacts us.
Me: Why wouldn't' someone call right away to report their accident?
CA: It hasn't even been 24 hours, sometime it takes days for us to get the report. (in an impatient way)
Me: How would you feel if you had no car and had to wait days for one?
CA: I would report the accident to my own insurance rather than wait for the person at fault. How would you feel if your insurance agency ran a claim without hearing your story first?
Me: I would have the common courtesy to report the accident as soon as possible so I can take care of everyone who was involved in the accident. My insurance agent will be contacting you.
Then I hung up on her.
The insurance company finally called me today to let me know they would pay for the accident. I was amazed at how friendly they were once she admitted it was her fault. The difference was night and day.
Here's a conversation I had with Andy:
Andy (calling from his cell phone): Are you ready to go to the game? I am coming to get you.
Me: Yes, but I am having a hard time getting Maggie dressed.
Andy: Does that mean you don't want to go?
Me: NO!! COME AND PICK ME UP!!!
Then I hung up.
I guess when I am pregnant I feel justified in my anger. I am afraid it's just going to get worse. If I were you, I would steer clear of me and if I do get snappy, don't take it personally. If you try and let me know your feelings were hurt, I'll probably bite your head off. FYI....
4 comments:
I get easily ticked and extremely mouthy when I'm pregnant, so sister...GO FOR IT!! Is there any other time in our lives when we have a legit excuse to feel that way and get away with it? Run with it, and feel free to bite my head off any time!
Gosh, I don't even have an excuse!
It's easy for me to get upset when I'm prego more than anything else I've learned. And twins entitles you to extra emotions, i believe! I'm just glad that you are all safe, and i'm sooo sorry for the way the insurance peeps treated you. Their job sucks. I think I'd rather be prego. Thanks for the calcium tip...I'll be better about my supplements :). Oh, and I love the names you've chosen for the girls--classic & charming.
I'm glad everyone is okay! Good for you only using a mild swear word. (I don't think mine would be mild!) Some people can be idiots especially when you're pregnant. Don't they know pregnant women are always right!:)
Post a Comment