Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ahh, The Simple Things....

It's the simple things that make life livable and I've taken some pictures of the small things that I've been appreciating lately.


My fabulous friend, Annemarie, recommended I hem my pants with this hemming tape. It's awesome! Fold the pants, put the tape in between, and iron. Yet another excuse not to get my sewing machine out.

Maggie is really into "honey sandwiches". She'll eat at least 2 and up to 5 sandwiches a day. I'll admit, I no longer can handle the smell of peanut butter. I can't stand the smell on my fingers after I make it. Beside the fact that I was totally grossed out when I read that this peanut butter has FULLY hydrogenated oil in it, sick. I figure Maggie won't have clogged arteries at her young age. The ease of making the sandwich is worth it.

My beloved sleeping pills. If I am no longer writing my blog after the twins come, I'm in rehab. These pills are the love of my life. They knock me right out and I sleep through the night. I'm not uncomfortable at night, there's no pain, just pure sleep.


Finally, my claw. The red claw is picking up my black sock. It's a wonderful thing. I no longer have huff and puff bending over, I just use my claw. I wish I could bring it to work and carry it around with me.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Alison, you have my permission to bring the red claw to work with you. I would love to see you serving drinks and clearing plates (and scraping plates!) with the red claw!!
-Katy

Annemarie said...

I'm glad you like the hem tape! And, eventhough I'm not pregnant, the sleeping pills and red claw look like things that would make me happy, too!

Cecilie said...

Alison I knew why there was a reason why I was your friend. You make me laugh so hard. I want a claw and I'm not pregnant I'm just fat. You're still working! Oh honey. I'd take the claw to work.

Mel said...

LOL. Thanks for your humor;)

Alison, I can't believe you are still working! That's got to be tough.

I've never heard about the hem tape. I think I will have to get some. It sure beats digging out the sewing machine.