
Isn't it interesting that if you add a "T" onto die it spells DIET? How ironic since this is what I am going to talk about.
About three years ago, I mean three weeks ago, a friend of mine challenged a bunch of friends to join the Biggest Loser contest. The contest lasts for 12 weeks. We all put 5 bucks into the pot every time we weigh in. Whoever has the biggest percent loss gets the pot. That's about $800. Blood started rushing through my veins, "I can do something like this." Most people seemed to be the same size as me (you know, like size 8, not!) so it seemed like a challenge I would be up for. Plus, I could certainly use the cash. First week, I'm off and running, nothing is holding me back. Now that we are in week three, I think I'm going to die. Man this is hard! When I start any weight loss program (which I start about every three days), I can go for three weeks and then I cave. Oh, look.... I'm on week three! The contest is incentive for me to keep going, even if I'll be dead in the end.
I love food. Food is my friend. I eat when I'm happy, sad, frustrated, nervous, stressed, and social. Suddenly, this component is taken out of my life and heaven forbid, I have to feel my feelings without food! Calgon take me away!
Last week some "skinny" friends approached me and asked how the challenge was going (I didn't tell her I was doing it). My social network knows, how much pride do I have left? I mid-as-well post this so all of blog land knows too.
One last final note. I cannot relate to someone when they say they lost weight because "they were stressed." You better believe if you see that I've lost weight it's because I worked my butt off! If we happen to be in a social situation together and you hear someone ask me how I lost weight and you hear me say "oh, I was stressed", you will know the truth!
11 comments:
I don't get those people who lose weight cause they are stressed out either.
Good luck!
restyayi! (those little word verifications crack me up) i'm going to start using them as my closings...
Good luck.... if you're interested I'd be happy to share some tips for you, that are less about losing the weight and more about changing habits to keep the weight off.
I'm impressed.
I have to admit I'm one of those people the lose weight when they're stressed. It's weird, too 'cause I can seriously eat WHATEVER and it doesn't make a difference. So, I don't get it, but it happens. I lost lots of weight when I was going through my divorce. I actually have discovered that unless I'm really eating well, I've got a few extra pounds on me when I'm doing okay and happy.
I'm glad you shared this with the bloggy world. I have to admit, $800 bucks sure would be nice but I've never done well with diets.... well, you already know that:)
I admit it, some major stress really kicks in the metabolism and I get so nauseaus that I can't eat either. Unfortunately, the kind of stuff that brings on that amount of stress isn't worth the weight loss.
You go girl!
I hope you win the pot!
If not at least you will lose some dough. Hee hee
You go girl! Enjoy your bubble bath.
I was talking to a friend on the phone today who had some really uplifting, positive things to say to me about stuff like this...You can and will do it!!!!!
I'd also like to talk with Patrick and get in on those tips.
I've never understood the losing weight while stressed thing either. When I am stressed, food is my friend and it starts to show. Oh and I love your comment about how DIET is actually DIE with a T. I wonder why I've never realized that before!
we can do it!!!! my scale doesn't concure, but what does it know?? we CAN, you CAN, i CAN do this!!! little stress- i eat. big stress (like death)- i loose. for a good walk call me!
K, I need help. Going out of town twice during this challenge is not helping me AT ALL. My mom keeps telling me, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." So then why do those warm homemade cookies taste so darn good?? Help.
I like the picture. Diet is a four letter word...
Post a Comment