Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Proud Mommy Moment

Actually, not so proud. Last weekend I was helping Maggie brush her teeth. I noticed something I had never seen before. It looked as though her teeth were rotting (gulp). Oh how shameful I feel to write this and tell all of blogland that my daughter has rotting teeth. My cute, sweet, spitfire of a daughter. We finally got rid of the binky and now crappy teeth. I called my friend who is a dentist and asked what we would have to do about it. We possibly would have to go to Primary Children's Hospital to get her teeth capped. Great. Anyway, we went to the dentist yesterday. You know on A Christmas Story when Ralphie tells Santa he wants the BB gun and Santa's face gets really big and tells him he'll shoot his eye out? I think his teachers face did the same thing. That's how I felt walking into the dentist office, like someone was going to get right up to my face and slap my hand for letting Maggie's teeth get like that. Luckily, no one did. I was relieved to hear that it wasn't as bad as I had described to my friend, the dentist. Maggie just had to get a three fillings on her front teeth. I could not watch her get the shot in her mouth. That was the worst. The best part is that her teeth actually look better than they ever have. They are nice and white with no discoloring. I'm glad that mommy moment is over.
A special thanks to our dentist who did an awesome job with Maggie!

8 comments:

Misty said...

I am so afraid of what is lurking in my kids' mouths! I know they don't brush as well as they should and the 2 yr. old certainly doesn't let me near her mouth. Glad Maggie's turned out o.k. :)

Annemarie said...

Oh man. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought. Did she scream when they did the fillings?

Unknown said...

The dentist is never fun.

 Amelia Darling said...

The same thing happened to Heidi with her daughter Zoe and she felt exactly the same way. Glad it all turned out okay.

Gretchie Love said...

Sarah lost another tooth yesterday. She showed it to me and said "Look mom it was getting a hole in it" ! Not realizing it was the beginnings of a cavity. I am happy your dentist was so understanding. Poor Maggie !! Dentists and brushing teeth are the worst around here :(

Shan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That must have been some very difficult moments. She makes me smile just seeing her big grin - so contagious.

HollisterHollie said...

Hey Allison! It's Hollie. I just found out that you have a blog so i decided to check it out! haha Maggie is such a cute girl! I remember when we went to Maggie's baby blessing and thinking she was so darling! I always HATED going to the dentist and getting that shot in the mouth. Hopefully Maggie was braver than i was!!

mariana said...

glad it went better than expected! that is not alway the case when dealing with dentists! give maggie a squish for me!