Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fabulous 4th!

We started this tradition 3 years ago. Or is it 4 years now? I can't remember. I got tired of going to our ward breakfast and having nothing to do for the rest of the day until the fireworks began. We rent water slides from Jim. We had the Volcano and the Slip-n-slide. The Volcano was awesome! The fun began at 10 am and the last family left at 9:30 pm. It was a BLAST!! The funnest one we've had so far. When the last person left I started feeling a little sad. For the first time, in a long time, I didn't want the day to end. I wish we could have made it a 2 day event. Here's a little recap of the events...
Friends having fun.
Lots of adult chatter.
Snow cones with a professional snow cone maker.
She had a snow cone in her hand all day. She'd get a snow cone every 5 minutes. Most landed in the garbage after a few bites.
The little kids had fun.
The big kids did too!
Lots of fun, friends and food! What more can one ask for?

9 comments:

Gretchie Love said...

Okay, next year I am coming over to your house for the 4th !!! I am so jealous !! Glad you had such a good time...and Maggie must have been in heaven consuming as many snow cones as possible in one day....world record ?

Katy said...

I'm coming next year, too. You can make it a two-day event. Heaven knows you've got the room in your backyard for everybody to camp out!!

diane said...

What a blast! You guys know how to throw a party!

Jennie said...

it was lots of fun. thanks for inviting us!

Annemarie said...

Woo Hoo!!!
Same time tomorrow??

onebrilliantgirl said...

Looks like SO MUCH fun! We'll be there next year :)

Lindsay said...

Fun pictures! It looks like so much fun. We missed out on all the action, I wish we could have been there! Oh and I love your post about the fart conversations with your boys...that is classic!!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much FUN! Good idea.

Cecilie said...

THANKS!!! Sorry I bailed the heat just doesn't help when you're sick. The kids had a ton of fun!