Thursday, April 17, 2008

I've Made SOME Mistakes

For those of you who REALLY know me, you know that I strive for perfection and rarely make mistakes. Whatever! Here are a few mistakes I've made the past couple of weeks......

Michael's pack rat, I mean his back pack. He was using his old back pack, his smaller one. My motive was he couldn't get so much crap in it. In a moment of chaos between Michael and Maggie, I told them they could have the diaper bags that were given to me in the hospital. They were both thrilled about this. Little did I know that Michael would be using this bag as a school bag. It goes with him wherever he goes. He doesn't realize that the name of a formula is on the bag. Hopefully his classmates don't either.


Today I learned that he took his bag to school AND the bottle. He showed the bottle for show-n-tell.
Another mistake, having Maggie hold the babies in the hospital. This was her open invitation to hold the babies whenever she wants. She started picking them up when they were in their car seats. I put the babies back in their crib so she couldn't reach them. Not good enough! She managed to pick up the baby from the crib!!! GASP!!! Luckily the babies are wrapped so tight that she hasn't dropped them. She isn't picking them up to make me mad, she only picks them up when they are crying. I finally put her in time-out today. Keep your fingers crossed that this won't happen again. By the way, I realize that it's not really a mistake to let her hold them in the hospital.
My final mistake...taking my eye off of Maggie. My life is now devoted to guarding babies. I consider myself their life saver. Not only is Maggie carrying the babies, she is constantly hugging and poking them. I can't have the babies out of my site. I am not over exaggerating. While I was on guard, Maggie went into the kitchen. She seemed to be there for a while. When she came back into my bedroom she had yellow all over her clothes and hands. "I have eggs" is what she said. Sure enough, she found an egg on the counter and decided to play with it. This is where it landed, on the rug on my kitchen floor. It's all very chaotic.

6 comments:

Gretchie Love said...

Never trust Maggie with an egg...EVER

diane said...

I had to put a key lock on the nursery door when I had my 2nd child because the 1st child was climbing in the crib and I was afraid he'd throw the baby out. He did put a pillow over his head and kick him. He was mean and I couldn't leave them alone! I guess she's trying to bake like Annemarie.

katrina berg said...

oh...just a preview for me of things to come i'm afraid :) thx for giving me a heads up...i think i'm going to be dazed and confused and with only one more...you're amazing lady!

Annemarie said...

Oh man...that's all I have to say...

Sheri said...

I've been there with the maternal older sister. We had a few scares with my oldest daughter loving her new brother too much. When I had my third child, things got UGLY. My sweet tempered 2.5 year old did not deal well with his new brother. He became nasty. I couldn't leave the baby within his reach. When we were in the car and the baby started crying, the toddler hit him repeatedly in the face. He found this a successful way to stop the baby from crying because the baby was flinching and gasping insteadn of crying. On another occassion, after changing the infant, I stepped into the garage to dispose of the stinky diaper. When I returned, my son was spraying the baby in the face with carpet cleaner (I know, where did he get carpet cleaner) because this was also a successful method of startling the baby into not crying. When my 2 month old fell out of his seat from the table and landed face first on our kitchen tile - I was sure that he would be damaged for life. I had stashed him up there to "keep him safe". As I am rushing to sweep up the baby, I thought about how mangled and broken his little face would be. When I turned him over, I found that he had a small red mark on his face. It looked like the mark your baby gets when they sleep cheek down on a blanket. It disappered in a few minutes. He was calm as soon as I held him. The moral: GUARDIAN ANGELS TAKE OVER when moms are too tired, inattentive, etc. I am so thankful for the many times I've received assistance from above. This is a long comment. Hang in there Alison. You are fantastic! I hope that you feel the love from above.

Cecilie said...

I can't imagine how crazy things are for you now. I love that Michael took a bottle for show-n-tell. I bet everyone was excited to see it!?!