
I fell down yesterday. This was the result. Maggie pushed the stroller and I managed to fall on my elbow and knee. Claire was in my arms and she fell flat on her face. Maggie cried because she felt bad. Claire cried because she was hurt. I cried because I'm tired. I'm tired of falling, I'm tired of changing
poopie diapers, I'm tired of dirty dishes, I'm tired of having a messy house, I'm tired of homework, I'm tired of trying to lose weight. I'm just plain tired. I've had a week where I reached my limit and it all came crashing down when I fell down.
I really wanted to go back to bed or sit on the garage floor and cry the rest of the day. That's not an option in my life and I got back up and kept going.
Fortunately, Mariana came over and helped me clean my kitchen, Becky took the babies for the night, Jane posted an
inspiring blog, and I watched my favorite Tuesday TV shows.

Maggie went to the neighbors house and pulled this
perennial out of their yard. I was mortified. Luckily, he was very nice about the situation and said "oh, it will all work out." Amen, it all works out.
Here are some favorite pictures of Spring:

Michael and his best friend, Natalie. After days and days of crappy weather they took some umbrellas and played out in the rain. I was so happy to see they were making lemonade out of the lemons they'd been given.

Claire and Kate enjoying the Spring weather. They love playing outside. I like the break as well.
11 comments:
Sorry to hear about your fall. Great pics! I hope that things get better soon. Sometimes you need to TAKE a little (rest, sun, smiles, plants...), and not give, give, give...
I hope you have a great m day. Thanks for the link. Glad you like the print!
hatump -
jane
Man, I am sorry that you have taken a couple of nasty falls! How nice to have such great friends to come and help when you need it.
I'm so sorry that you've had a couple of falls. You're such a trooper for getting up again. Just take one hour at a time. You're doing great!
Crap. Sometimes you just can't catch a break..oh wait, don't break anything now.
How's the eye?
You are a vision these days! :) Make sure to always wear shorts to show off your knee and don't cover your eye with sunglasses. Make up new stories as to what happened to you and enjoy shocking people .... I'm thinking, "I was in a skateboarding competition, tied for first, and the other guy just couldn't handle being showed up by a mom of 5. So he took me down in the parking lot. But I didn't go down without a fight. You should see his poor body now!" Something like that. :)
Oh my gosh!! I love your blog.. Your life reminds me of mine every single time you write!! Keep on blogging girl.. and I really hope you have a much better week!!
You are having a streak of bad luck my dear. You better stay away from the Dr or they will think you are being beaten. I think life is beating you down. Hang in there. I'm impressed that you found beauty around you today.
Alison! This is what makes your blog so exciting; we just never know what is going to happen next!! Sorry about your knee; are you OK? I hope to see you this weekend. We'll all watch out for your safety at work.
Oh Alikona !I will take all your kids for you when I get there. I will kill mom's cat and then hire a cleaner :) Sorry about your knee. I have had many of those days sista...and I am feeling for you big time !
things will get better soon! only seven more days of hard core dieting! then you can self soothe with a lovely snack.
Ouch! With your shiner and now your knee, people are going to start wondering what's going on at the Dodd's house! JK. I can't imagine all the work you do everyday! I'm amazed by you! I think you are a fabulous mother and a wonderful friend. Keep up the good work. Call me if you ever need to vent! I'll listen! :)
Post a Comment