
Literally, I lost. I lost the Biggest Loser contest BUT I also lost 21 pounds during the contest. Hey, I'll take it. The contest ended today. It was harder than I expected. I struggled for about a month going up a little and down a little. It's hard to work my butt off and gain a pound, only to see other people with big losses. It was difficult to not pull big numbers consistently. For the most part it was a great learning experience for me. Here are some things I learned:
1. Losing weight is hard but being overweight is harder.
2. When people say it takes 2 weeks to break a habit...um... well...I've been doing this for 12 weeks and I still want to eat treats, I still feel like binging, and I still want to eat out of emotion. I honestly don't think those urges will go away, I just need to learn how to deal with them. Hence, that is why losing weight is hard.
3. I use to think that Weight Watchers was the only realistic method of weight loss. I don't believe it anymore. It's a great program, my friend has lost over 40 pounds on the program (she looks amazing). It just didn't work for me. And now that I have done something different, I realize that different things work for different people. It seems like people get the weight off but have a hard time keeping it off. No matter what program they use, maintenance seems to be the difficulty.
4. I still don't like water. I still like Diet Coke.
5. Sugar and I don't seem to do well together. I am not at the point where I will give it up but I also know that one bite takes me over the edge. I'm such an all or nothing person.
6. I always despised the word DIET. Diet meant deprivation. Deprivation is a part of weight loss. If I could eat all day, anything I want, I'd be as big as a house. Since I can't eat to oblivion, I do have to deprive myself. I don't have to look at it as a negative thing though. Like I said, losing weight is hard, being fat is harder.
5. I CAN lose weight. For years and years I believed that I would fail. I did it!!!!
I still have 20 lbs to go. I started going to a gym (where I got my black eye) that I really like. It's been a great experience for me. I've joined a 6 week fitness challenge that I am really excited about. We have to take before and after pictures. I'll post the changes if I see big results.
11 comments:
Good job. I'm a sugar addict. I hate the word diet because it starts with die! I have gained 10 pounds and I am happy too. Who knew it would be so hard. Ensure Plus and nuts did it for me. Now I will try to gain 10 more while you lose yours. Do you just want to ship it to me? I will pay you.
Congratulations!
You are amazing and such a great friend and workout partner. I couldn't have done it without you.
Way to go Alison! That's a huge accomplishment.
Good job! I've always seen you as an extremely motivated person so it doesn't surprise me one bit. Keep up the hard work.
That is awesome!
That is such a huge accomplishment. Nice job!
That's so awesome! I have to remind myself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels. :) good luck on your next 20!
You have done a great job!!! And look at all you've learned. You are AWESOME!
Wow! GOOD FOR YOU!! Way to go Alibabe :-)
Great job! I think you look great! I still have yet to give up on diet coke. Maybe we should have a support group.
Post a Comment