Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Blahs



  • This is what I've been looking at the past few days, Michael's inhaler and his nebulizer. I finally took him to the Dr. today to get his medicines refilled and we talked about his asthma.
  • Turns out that the inhaler on the left is $30 more than the white one. The white one is no longer available... bummer.
  • "When I was growing up" I never had an inhaler nor a nebulizer (breathing machine). I would have to go to the ER, usually in the middle of the night, to get a breathing treatment. Thank goodness for technology.
  • The babies have been really sick as well. They have a crappy cruddy cold.
  • For some reason, Maggie has decided to wake up in the middle of the night.
  • Hearing my kids cough is like listening to fingernails go down a chalkboard.
  • Between the 5 kids, I woke up 9 times last night. Why go to bed?

10 comments:

diane said...

Stinking asthma! Unfortunately, I am well aquainted with the drill. Good news, he can stay in the states for his mission. Does he take Singulair? That changed Jordan's life.
Hope you get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

are you still able to function. after a few nights of this it can destroy the brain. hang in there and call if you need a hand.

Misty said...

I feel your pain, sistuh.

Unknown said...

Caleb has been waking up lately, and I finally took to the Ear Nose Throat dr and they think he needs his tonsils out...but if it helps him sleep it will definitely be worth it. Nine times is so much!! You're amazing. BTW I chuckled and keep finding myself chuckling when you said your dr said keep your legs crossed, that is so funny:)

Shan said...

Poor family! I didn't even know you had asthma, too. Did you ever out-grow it?

 Amelia Darling said...

Honey, you're a complete dynamo in my eyes! You amaze me!

Gretchie Love said...

Sorry Alikona ! I remember our nights in the Mustang driving to Walnut Creek..it seemed like hours. Waiting the the flippin Kaiser "waiting room" watching horrid 70's TV...was it not hell ????

Annemarie said...

I'm so sorry. Need a diet coke...or two?

Anonymous said...

Looks like i need to get on facebook when i'm up in the nite as well...you're probably there! Or maybe i should meet you at ihop. :) Seriously, wondering when these middle of the nite wake-up calls will ever end. I guess then we'll miss them right? Bust about the whole asthma...wish they could rid it for good for everyone! luvs, treen

Mel said...

I'm sorry you have to deal with the Asthma thing. Do you wonder if you will ever get a full nights uninterrupted sleep again? I do. The winter blahs are dragging us all down... enough already.