
My friend, Jen, died last week. Boy, did I ever love her. We met years ago when our boys started playing football. There's something about a parents sitting around a football field, shooting the breeze. Our kids ended up playing on different teams but every year I always wished they had played on the same team so I could see Jen. Jen was genuine, she said things like they were. I remember looking at her, talking about her long hair extensions, and examining her all dolled up. We'd talk about her pink hair strand and everything she had to do to keep up with her look. She loved Diet Coke, just about as much as I do. Though I didn't see her all the time we played Words With Friends and we started Pinterest at the same time. This past month I saw Jen twice at work and I saw her at the store. She's the kind of person I would see and my heart would light up because I was so happy to get to chat for a few minutes. When we were at the store we laughed at the over zealous football parents, her husband being one of them. I was shocked when I heard that she died. "Wha?" It wasn't in the plans. It was out of the blue. "Noooo, not Jen, not yet." She has two boys, the cutest kids. How could this be? As much as I enjoy a good laugh (especially with Jen), there are times in life where we have to STOP and think why things happen the way they do. To see a family with a big loss, it's time to STOP and give my kids a bigger hug than I normally do. STOP and appreciate the time we have together. STOP and tell my family and friends how much I love them and appreciate them. Goodbye my friend. I love you.
2 comments:
I'm sorry about the loss of a cute friend!! Loved the last part of your post. . . so inpiring. Things we ALL need to remember!! <3
I know this isn't about me and that you had a hard time with losing you friend. However, you still haven't told me you love me yet...just sayin'.
Post a Comment