Thursday, September 1, 2011

Amateur?

A couple of weeks ago I got a text from my friend Dallas. It said that if didn't have one of these 100 oz. mugs than I was an amateur coke drinker. Seriously? When did he become President of the Diet Coke Club? Later that night I was leaving work and my friend, Katy, asked if I'd be willing to follow her to Maverick to make sure she wasn't mugged while getting gas. My co-worker and funniest friend, Jeff, and I went into Maverick and decided to get a drink. Suddenly the 100 oz. mug flashed before my eyes.


I had to get it! You can see that I am very much amused with myself. We were laughing the entire time. You can barely fit that mug underneath the fountain. In fact, Dallas says he usually has to fill an extra cup and pour it into the mug.

My token picture sent to Dallas to tell him I'm IN THE CLUB! The mug barely fits in my fridge and it's really too heavy to enjoy the drink. I admit, I'm kind of embarrassed to bring the humongo mug into the the store to get it refilled.

By the way, don't bother looking up the word amateur on Google. When I typed it in to see how to spell it correctly, it didn't mention anything about the 100 oz. mug!

7 comments:

Dallas said...

I've never been more proud.

Katie said...

you're too funny. I love you! and Katy and Jeff!!

Gretchie Love said...

I love you Alison...even if you are my sister !!!! Your haircut looks fabulous !

mariana said...

silly girl! if you can't lift it w/ ease, then there really is no point! it needs to go everywhere w/ you if you are to be a "serious" drinker!

Katy said...

I'm glad you and Jeff had such a great time INSIDE the Maverick laughing about soda containers, etc. . I was just fine OUTSIDE the Maverick getting gas in my car BY MYSELF in the middle of the night at the scary gas station.

Cathy said...

What about an IV? You could wheel it around and not bother about actually Drinking ALL of it!!

McCall Cottle said...

Alison, I hate to break it to you but....you have a serious problem. Should I be concerned right now about you? hmmm...the answer would be YES. Dont give into peer pressure, its not worth it, your better than this Alison!!