Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Told You So!

I remember when Gilmore Girls ended. Something was missing. I loved that show. It was simple, not raunchy, just a great story. A few shows have replaced my love for Gilmore Girls. One of those was Glee. Made my day to watch that show until it decided to turn into a trashy-slut-of-a- show. SERIOUSLY, I was so disappointed. I even tried to watch just the singing parts of the show but it just didn't cut it. It was one sad day when I changed the recording option of my DVR. No more Glee, good bye. One show, this one show, has me excited.... Parenthood. It is fabulous. I keep telling my friends to watch it. Particularly my friend Celeste. We use to watch Gilmore Girls and call each other the next day to give our opinion of the episode. Now, I sit and watch Parenthood and think that I would love to discuss the story lines with my friends but no one seems to care. Come on peeps, this is a GREAT SHOW!!!! It really is. Start with the first season and catch up. Celeste, how many times do I have to remind you about this show? There will be a day when someone comes up to me and says, "Alison, you were right about Parenthood." What will my response be? "Duh, I told you so!"

4 comments:

Katie said...

Alison! I'll expect a text message Tuesday nights from now on! I LOVE this show!!!! For the record, I completely agree with you about Glee. Loved it, but haven't been watching for awhile now. So...I'll expect a text on Tuesday night (or Wednesday morning...)

Celeste said...

My word woman,can I not move and get my children settled first? LOL!!! I think I am too afraid to get my hopes up...can this really be as good as Gilmore Girls? :) I have checked on Demand and I can get season 2 to catch up, will I be totally lost if I don't have season 1? Maybe I can have you act it out for me like we used to do for Gilmore Girls if our DVR's didn't record it!

Ally said...

I WATCH THE SHOW!!!!! It does have great character development, not as many quirky personalities as Gilmore Girls, but i do love this show. I am holding my breath that it wont follow the world and turn raunchy too.

Cathy said...

HA! THis is my guilty pleasure .. get the kids to nap, diet coke, and watch it on my iPad ;-) GREAT SHOW!