Eating, one of our favorite things to do!It all started on the first day of school when I was in 4th grade. I walked to my classroom and there was Denise and her mother, waiting for school to begin. This was Denise's first day of school at Walt Disney Elementary. We became the best of friends. We've been friends ever since. One day we were walking home from school and, for some reason, we had our fingers pricked. I don't know if we poked them ourselves or if we did some type of project with blood at school. I clearly remember the day and place. We stopped in front of the fence that lead to Pebble Place and we pressed our bloody fingers up to each other and became "blood sisters". Denise moved to South Africa after 6th grade. Then she moved to Germany. She came back to visit two summers when we were in high school. Then I went to Germany to see her after high school. We kept in touch with letters and when technology stepped up a few notches, we kept in touch via email. She still lives in Germany with her husband and two beautiful daughters.
When I learned I was going to London, I shot Denise an email. I said I'd be in London and if she happen to be in the area, let me know. Next thing I know, her plane ticket is bought, hotel is booked and I would be seeing my friend Denise!
I wondered what it would be like when I met up with my friend again. Heck, I'd had 5 kids and lived a conservative lifestyle. What if she was all wild and totally different? Only time would tell.
To sum things up, I had THE BEST time with Denise!!! We stayed up late talking, we hit London like a hurricane, and we LAUGHED. We laughed and laughed and laughed. It seemed like we had only been apart for a year, not 20 years. Time went by too fast, I wanted to spend more time together. When I said good bye I kept my composure, but when she was gone, I got a bit teary. We didn't have our kids with us, we didn't have any responsibilities, this was our time to have fun. I loved it! I hope I can see my blood sister again soon. It can't be another 20 years.
When I learned I was going to London, I shot Denise an email. I said I'd be in London and if she happen to be in the area, let me know. Next thing I know, her plane ticket is bought, hotel is booked and I would be seeing my friend Denise!
I wondered what it would be like when I met up with my friend again. Heck, I'd had 5 kids and lived a conservative lifestyle. What if she was all wild and totally different? Only time would tell.
To sum things up, I had THE BEST time with Denise!!! We stayed up late talking, we hit London like a hurricane, and we LAUGHED. We laughed and laughed and laughed. It seemed like we had only been apart for a year, not 20 years. Time went by too fast, I wanted to spend more time together. When I said good bye I kept my composure, but when she was gone, I got a bit teary. We didn't have our kids with us, we didn't have any responsibilities, this was our time to have fun. I loved it! I hope I can see my blood sister again soon. It can't be another 20 years.



No comments:
Post a Comment