Today I took Kate to her Dr. appointment with the genetic specialist. Unfortunately, it wasn't the most hopeful appointment. I was hoping that the Dr. would say that the spots on her belly didn't necessarily mean she had nuerofibromatosis (NF1). Instead, the Dr. said that she most likely has it and we will have to assume she has it so we can give her the treatment she needs to live a fulfilled life. There is a blood test (pray our insurance covers it) that we can do that will indicate if she has it. Otherwise, we will continue to live our lives watching to see if she develops tumors or has a learning disability.
On a positive note, I did finish the triathlon yesterday and didn't die at the end. It was challenging but I am glad I did it. One of my favorite parts of the triathlon was seeing Andy and my kids at the end cheer me on. I'll post more pictures later. If you want a glimpse of the event you can go to this blog and read about it.
9 comments:
Good for you Ali!!
I'm sorry to hear that the news wasn't better about Kate but we're still all praying that everything turns out well for the long term.
Does catching it early mean a better prognosis in the long run? What would treatment entail? We're definitely keeping her in our prayers.
And good for you on the triathalon. I'm definitely impressed!
Thanks for the Kate update. I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
YOU ROCK!!!!! I am sooooooo proud of you!!!
You know I love you! Wishing the best for your family.
You can do hard things. You proved it with the triathlon. As if raising five kids is not hard enough.
I'm so glad you have good and thourough care. Good thoughts to little Kate and your family.
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
love that katie! don't have the words to articulate what i feel about this development in her life. as for the triathalon- you are a wonder my friend!
Sweet Alison, LIttle Kate has a long road ahead of her and so do you. I am sending comforting thoughts your way and hope that all turns out well. I think of you often. It will be wonderful to see you at Amy's wedding
Cool pictures of you doing your amazing races and getting your Diet Coke sign! What a great family!
And ohhhhh, about little Kate. Sorry about the news and about what's potentially ahead for her and you all, just hard to think of possible suffering or hardship. I know you to be resilient, having a positive outlook. Thank goodness you are her mom, and she will have excellent care. Big hug and prayers to you all.
Post a Comment