
If you notice, I'm posting this at 3 a.m. I should not be awake at 3 a.m.. The babies are too big to be hungry at this wretched time. So I am declaring tomorrow night to be "the night". The night they have to cry-it-out. I've been making them cry-it-out at nap time for a while now. Since I can't take care of 5 children at once, they cry often. Overall, these babies are angels. Their personalities are SO easy going. Unfortunately, they are waking up at night more than necessary. I am putting a pacifier in Claire's mouth at least 2 times before 3 a.m.. Yes, it's time. I'm a firm believer in crying-it-out. I just haven't done it with two at the same time, or even different times in the night. I give them three days, at most, and then they are sound sleepers. What's three days when I've been waking up with these babies for 5 months? Look out Ambien, (my most favorite drug) here I come!
7 comments:
good for you. it's tough, but worth it
You can do it, you can do it, you can do it!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck on this! I hope it only takes 3 days at the most. I think you will all do better when you are sleeping through the night!
Good luck! I'm a wimp and could never do it.
You deserve a good night's sleep.
remind me not to talk to you until the 22nd. you might be really grumpy and say something to hurt my feelings. (p.s. do i get the prize for being the most supportive friend in you quest for nighttime peace? i totally deserve it!) call me when it's over!!!!! (or tomorrow)
I am a firm believer also with letting them cry. It is heavenly once they stop waking up! Good Luck!!
That is tough I hate the crying it out but it is so worth it. How did it go? You should do a post with the update :)
Post a Comment