Friday, November 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

I thought I'd use Mel's idea (http://mels-thoughts.blogspot.com/) and write some random thoughts about what's going on with me these days.

1. A few weeks ago I was in a drive-thru at a sandwich shop. I looked through my rear view mirror and noticed a woman getting of her car (she was right behind me). She picked up something on my bumper and walked towards my car. I rolled down my window and she said "I thought you might need this". Sure enough, I did need it, it was my phone!!! I had left it on my bumper and it stayed with me. Oh, where is my head?

2. Many of you know, I am pregnant with twins. This has been a sore spot in my life. People tell me "how wonderful!" it will be to have twins. I just smile and try to change the subject. I usually can brush off any pessimism but I am really in a bad funk. I am very realistic of what I am in for and, now that I think about it, I am really scared. I am scared of being out of control: no sleep, crying babies, three other kids, and functioning on a daily basis. As I have these thoughts, daily, I have come to the conclusion that it's really getting to me. I am not sure how to put a positive twist into this but my negative thoughts are of no benefit. I keep thinking once that "motherly instinct" kicks in, it will all work out. I am hoping my honesty will bring some sort of breakthrough.

3. A couple of days ago, Michael asked me, "Mom, why do you like watching football?" Why do I LIKE watching football? Well, I don't really LIKE watching it. We just have one TV in our house, in our bedroom, so when I am laying down on my bed, it's the only thing on. I don't think my husband likes me to watch it because I am always asking "well, why did he call that?" Or "look at that dudes arms!" He likes to watch it in silence. I do have to say that I got a huge laugh at the Wyoming coach when he gave the Utah coach the bird. That was pretty exciting for me.

4. Finally, our Beta fish, Pengwee. My friend would tell me, quite often, that the water was too high in our fish bowl and that Beta's jump out of the bowls. I would constantly tell my husband that the water was too high but he said that Pengwee liked our family too much and would never jump out of our tank. Sure enough, I found Pengwee at the side of his bowl, dried up. Our kids didn't notice he was gone for almost two months! Yesterday, Maggie said, "Since Pengwee is gone, I want a new pet. I want a Macaw." After I laughed, I told her that wasn't going to happen.

1 comment:

Mel said...

1. You left your phone on the bumper and didn't lose it... I love it!!!

2. On the subject of twins.. at least you have a good idea of what your getting into. It will be twice the work but don't forget twice the joy and twice the love... or so they say;) Come visit me and well hang out with my neighbor and her 9 month twins. Then, you will see just how fun it can be:)

3. Ah, I'm sad that I missed the WY coach giving UT the bird.

4. The mother is always right!