
Call the Davis County Clipper and nominate me for Mother of the Year!! I give myself all that credit and more because I made chocolate chip cookies for my kids today. Seriously, I did, I stood up for 45 minutes or so and made the cookies. Half the dishes are done too. I was a bit disappointed that my kids didn't scream cheers like "M-O-M! M-O-M!" when they saw the cookies. Although, Michael did tell me that I am the best chef ever. I'll take it. It's just been so long since I thought I could make it through the baking process. What was more incredible was that I didn't eat half the cookie dough before it went in the oven. No, no, I have learned the consequences of doing something as silly as that. The reason why I finally buckled down and made the cookies was that I've been feeling guilty that I am making my kids buy school lunch everyday. I know they won't eat the lunch that's on the menu. I still make them buy because I don't want to make their lunch everyday. Michael will come home and say "I ate carrots for lunch today". That's all he eats from the lunch, the carrots. I am always grateful for pizza Wednesdays because I know they will eat the pizza. Basically, I made cookies to make up for every day the kids are deprived of lunch. I don't think they understand the real meaning behind these cookies. Now that I understand it, I will still make them buy school lunch and I might make cookies next month. Oh wait, Halloween will be over and I can send them with a lunch bag filled with candy. Problem solved. Please, still make that nomination. The contest comes around Mothers Day, and by that time, I'll be really needing those prizes!
3 comments:
Alison, I love that picture of you. You are very funny!
-katy
Your my favorite! This post was hilarious. Keep it coming:)
I'd be interested in the story behind this picture...
Post a Comment