Monday, August 20, 2007

What a Weekend!

My friend, Amy, was a big fan of camping. It seemed like she'd go camping in Logan in the middle of February. I would wave goodbye and wish her well thinking she was CRAZY. Amy was my roommate at USU. She chose not to sleep by the window (if I am wrong about this, we'll hear about it) but always wanted that window open in the middle of winter!! She believes that if you sleep with a winter cap and a pair of socks, that is all you need to keep warm on a cold night. I disagree. What one needs to stay warm on a winter night is a house, a bed, lots of covers, pajamas, and a HEATER!!!

Despite my feelings for camping, we went to our ward camp out on Friday. I was optimistic because we have a big blow-up mattress and a generator to blow it up. The mattress wasn't the problem. The problem was the group of 20 people who were camping next to us. So, when I say c-a-m-p-i-n-g, doesn't that mean sleep sometime in the night? It seemed to me me that particular group didn't understand that. Gosh, 11:30 pm, they were talking yelling, laughing. I think it was 1 am, doing the same. I tried calling the police to have them booted out, they never came. Around 2 am someone decided to take out their guitar. A little after that, two people thought they were coyotes. Finally, someone mentioned they knew where the bathroom was and peed near our tent. During this time it was thundering, lightening, and raining. At least the kids slept through the whole thing. Ah, to be one with nature!!!

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

You know what I think?...Wait, you already know what I think!

Lisa M. said...

OH good heavens.

YIPES.

We just went for two weeks, and had a great experience.

But, our neighbors were our family and I would have squashed them with a shovel!

I'm sorry!

 Amelia Darling said...

Everything Alsion says is true.... although, if I remember correctly, she WANTED to sleep by the window. Even with the TV closer to my bed she still wanted the window side. Of course, I could be wrong.

Mel said...

I'll never forget Amy with her winter cap! I'll never forget you two arguing about the window.

I use to like camping.... before I had kids:)

Mel said...

Neat stat counter!!!

The pink is different on my computer, very light light pink. It looks good... just in case you are wondering:)

It was fun to see you again.