I read this on Pinterest and I couldn't disagree more! Believe me, I am NOT trying to be a pessimist or discouraging. It's been a month and a half since I have eaten a sugary treat. I still crave them, I still want them, this is still hard for me. Yes, it's easier to say no and it's easier to pass up a candy bar. I'm just saying the 21st day wasn't this magical for me. It's not 21 days = a life time. Saying "no" to treats has been an eye opening experience for me. It has taught me that I am addicted to sugar, it's my emotional crutch. It has helped me deal with "issues" that I would normally turn to sugar for to solve my problems. The benefits for resisting sugar are far more rewarding than diving into temptation. I allow myself one treat a month and when I ate mine (apple cobbler and ice cream), my stomach ached and I felt sick. Food tastes better now. Non sugary foods are more flavorful. I like to make healthier choices because I know I will feel better when I do. I don't feel deprived. I am almost at the point that I believe I will live if I don't eat a treat ever again. I probably will eat treats again. My point is: don't believe everything you read but that doesn't mean you can't give it a try!Sunday, October 16, 2011
Liar Liar Pants on Fire!
I read this on Pinterest and I couldn't disagree more! Believe me, I am NOT trying to be a pessimist or discouraging. It's been a month and a half since I have eaten a sugary treat. I still crave them, I still want them, this is still hard for me. Yes, it's easier to say no and it's easier to pass up a candy bar. I'm just saying the 21st day wasn't this magical for me. It's not 21 days = a life time. Saying "no" to treats has been an eye opening experience for me. It has taught me that I am addicted to sugar, it's my emotional crutch. It has helped me deal with "issues" that I would normally turn to sugar for to solve my problems. The benefits for resisting sugar are far more rewarding than diving into temptation. I allow myself one treat a month and when I ate mine (apple cobbler and ice cream), my stomach ached and I felt sick. Food tastes better now. Non sugary foods are more flavorful. I like to make healthier choices because I know I will feel better when I do. I don't feel deprived. I am almost at the point that I believe I will live if I don't eat a treat ever again. I probably will eat treats again. My point is: don't believe everything you read but that doesn't mean you can't give it a try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, BTW, I'm backing off of sugar right now too. Doing pretty okay so far. Feeling better already. Really great talking to you today!
Post a Comment