That's a quote I read on the sign of a local church. Though my entry has no correlation with the title, I still thought I'd share it.
I thought I'd share my recent weight loss competition I did with some friends from work. I have done many biggest loser competitions but there was something about this one that really had me motivated. I needed to lose at least 10 pounds I had gained over the winter and I just wanted to WIN. My strategy was staying within 1200 calories, sometimes more sometimes less. I also have a Body Bugg which helped me figure out how much I needed to exercise. I lost about a pound every week for 10 weeks. I wasn't sure how everyone else was doing until week 10 when my friend lost 5 pounds at her weigh in. I was NERVOUS!! I was ready to go extreme and I did! I worked my butt off for two weeks, especially the last week. The day before the weigh in I didn't eat anything or drink anything. I also took a water pill and a laxative. I thought I was going to go mentally crazy by the end of the day. My Facebook status mentioned that "anorexia is overrated." How someone can starve themselves I do not know. Anyway, I woke up Saturday morning at 7 AM ready to weigh in. I was supposed to I weigh at 8. What was I going to do for the hour? I couldn't just lay in bed, I was going crazy. Needless to say, I was at her doorstep 8 AM sharp with my Diet Coke in hand. I got on the scale and as soon as I got off, I drank that puppy like nobody's business! I lost 7 pounds in two weeks, 17 pounds total! To top it off, I won the competition which was $350! Wow, I was happy!!!! The money is going towards my trip to London and France. On a side note, I just wanted to mention that the laxative didn't really WORK until MONDAY. And the water pill, never worked, I peed like twice that day. I also got on the scale the very next day and I gained 5 lbs back! Ha, it's all good! Overall, I am really glad I did this. It helped me realize how much better I feel when I take care of my health. Though there were some hard days, I stuck with it and it was worth it!
6 comments:
I love that quote. Now when I question myself about wearing white jeans after Labor Day I will ask, "What would Jesus Do?"
Congrats on the big money.
Way to go! I'm so glad you get to spend it all on your trip. :)
Alison you deserved to win the money! No one worked as hard as you did. Congrats!!
that was hard fought! i should know as i almost did it with you (except for the 6 lbs. i gained). you were totally in the zone! gee did you have a friend giving you moral support or anything...just asking.
I've been smiling at that sign, too!
Way to go! You've motivated me... except not the anorexic part, but I don't think I'll EVER have to worry about that!!
I'm so freaking proud (& jealous!) of you kicking a$$!
How do you like your body bug? I'm curious about them & I've looked at them online but haven't known what to do!
Post a Comment