The twins turned 2!!!

Max turned 11
The past few months have been overwhelming. With pressure I put on myself, as well as pressure from outside sources, I've been a mental case. I had to take a step back and look inside my life to figure out how to LIVE each day and handle the unexpected blows that surface. For example: calls from the school and doctors office, politics from work, dealing with manipulative people, etc. I am trying to live as simple as possible so when unexpected problems show up, I can have a strong sense of self to know what I can or can not handle. I'm getting really good at saying "no" without hesitation. Feeling guilty is a waste of time. I am who I am. There are days that I am in tears and someone knocks on the door or someone calls. There's no point of pretending, you see me as I am where I am. Life is full of laughter, tears, disappointment, and joy. Why can't we all live these moments rather than thinking our life should be perfect? I am a mom of 5 kids, two of them being 2. I have no time to pretend, I only have time to be myself. Simplify!
12 comments:
AMEN!! AMEN!! (did I mention AMEN!!) Isn't it funny how the hard things are the very thing that help us get it? This is a great reminder for me.
I love your family picture! I'm sorry for all of your pain, too. I loved your message. I've been thinking how there is so much in people's lives that we can't see, just often their public selves and faces, but are not often there for the inner hurting moments that God and sometimes family see. Big hug your way!!
Love ya!!!
I am sometimes better at this than others...right now, I am saying "yes" to too much. I need to simplify! If not, my three year old is going to put me in the crazy house! :)
How about this for pretending: pretend that Desitin under your fingernails is a French manicure; pretend that pb&j is a gourmet meal; pretend that Barney is good entertainment; pretend that the wreck of a house is just an illusion.... I pretend all day long!!! :)
I love the new background of your blog. It looks great! I hope to see you soon!
Great post Alison! My thoughts are with you.
Don't you wish you could show this blog to your 20 year old self? She'd never believe it of course :-) You are loved, admired and I adore you!
I love you Alison! I miss you guys already!
Alison, you are all right! Hang in there! It was fun putzing around Target together.
ah!!!! the simple life! thanks for changing your blog, now i feel better. it looks great. you are speaking for thousands of frazzled mothers! thanks for being honest and so consicely putting these feelings and solutions into words. you are fab! oh, my word verification is ception...sounds like conception-but let's just not go there! another kiddo in the mix would definitly screw up you new found simple life!
What? Politics at work? That never happens...LOL! I love you Alison! What a great post. I need to remember to say no sometimes too.
You are doing an extraordinary job. Pat yourself on the back and treat yourself the way you'd treat your very best friend. I think you are wonderful.
Post a Comment