Monday, November 30, 2009

Sweet Jared


Our friend's son passed away this morning, Jared Vance. He was 7 years old and died of a chordoma tumor. Though I didn't know Jared all that well, I remember him being a cute, sweet, quiet boy.

I've left a link for you to look at Jared's blog. Afterward, could say a prayer for the family and give your children a great big hug?

Jared's journey

Chordoma Foundation

4 comments:

diane said...

Heartbreaking. People should live to be old and outlive their parents. It is out of order when it happens this way.

I'm sorry for you and his family.

cindy said...

My prayers will be with his family. I started to cry while reading his blog. I can't even begin to imagine what his parents have been through.

Thank you for sharing this. I gave my kids an extra hug tonight.

Shan said...

I was really glad I read your blog and learned about Jared and his family. I can only imagine how hard it would be to let go and say good-bye to their sweet boy and watch his suffering, too. I ached for their family and thought about the gift of life and how even when things get tough here, we still have each other right now.

Lindsay said...

So sorry. It breaks my heart when I see things like this. We will be thinking of the family.